What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Midnight Deception
This topic is about Midnight Deception
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. HR Haunted Plantation House. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2500 comments I read this historical romance in the late 80s/early 90s. No recollection of the cover, but it would have been a paperback. Some of my details may be off as my memory is a bit foggy. I was reading a lot of Zebra romances back then, so there is a good chance this was one. SPOILERS AHEAD.

Set in southern US during 1800s. Heroine's name may be Danielle. Hero comes to heroine's home possibly to take it over. Don't recall any other people living in the house. Hero believes the heroine is trying to scare him off with ghost stories.

One night the hero sees the ghost and suspects the heroine may be trying to scare him. He goes into her room to find her sleeping. To be sure she isn't faking, he listens to her deep even breathing to confirm she is really asleep.

Near the end of the book, a bad guy is in water (drowning in river, pond, or lake) with the apparition of the ghost woman above him. This may have been revenge driven or the ghost was protecting the heroine.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Juels, is there only one ghost (woman)? How does the ghost behave?

Any chance the location is the Caribbean (e.g., The Hellion Bride by Catherine Coulter)?

message 3: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2500 comments My memory is vague but I'm pretty sure there was only one ghost and that it was a woman. Other than the attack? on the bad guy near the end, I don't think the ghost was malevolent. More of an apparition that was rarely seen.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm fairly certain that it is not The Hellion Bride. Just in case, I will re-read it.

message 4: by Juels (last edited Aug 06, 2018 07:17AM) (new) - added it

Juels | 2500 comments I double checked The Hellion Bride but it is not my book. Thanks again for the suggestion. I still strongly feel the book was set in the southern US.

message 5: by Juels (new) - added it

Juels | 2500 comments Bump