What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Cult Sci fi - Man becomes female version of himself

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelquisel) | 1 comments If I had to guess, I would say this was written in the 1960s/70s. It's maybe a sci fi adult fiction novel where a man goes on a journey. It's very psychedelic - there's a part when the man is turning into a woman and he notices the space between his breasts and the hardness of his breastbone and is surprised. There's another point when it seems as though the landscape is melting.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Very long shot:
I Will Fear No Evil by Robert A. Heinlein

A person, I think female, ends up with a man sharing her consciousness.

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Maybe Orlando?

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Excession by Iain Banks. later in publication date than your book, but it has some gender transform scenes.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
While I don't think this is it, I'll still mention it: The Morphodite. The mc in this one actually changes himself several times.

message 8: by Joelle (new)

Joelle Mcfarland (joellem92) | 3 comments There’s a book called “If I Pay Thee Not in Gold”; it’s about a demon (not typical demons, it’s just what he’s called) who is male until he has sex with a woman, then he turns into a woman until (s)he has sex with a man. He finds a man and a woman that both fall in love with him/her, but they are never allowed to be with the other human. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Rachael, are you still looking for this or did you find it?