Young Adult Catholic Readers discussion

Come Rack! Come Rope!
This topic is about Come Rack! Come Rope!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 41 comments Mod
I'll be starting 1st August. Let me know if you're in!

Kelly Rose | 60 comments I'm definitely in! So excited :)

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana It'll be fun! Can't wait

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Oh yeah I was wondering, do we begin reading the book August 1st or do we read chapters 1-5 prior to discuss on August 1st?

message 5: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly wrote: "Oh yeah I was wondering, do we begin reading the book August 1st or do we read chapters 1-5 prior to discuss on August 1st?"

We begin on August 1st. It was my brother's birthday yesterday, so, sorry I didn't begin the discussion. I'm kind of behind on reading it too, so maybe I'll share my thoughts tomorrow instead...

Kelly Rose | 60 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Oh yeah I was wondering, do we begin reading the book August 1st or do we read chapters 1-5 prior to discuss on August 1st?"

We begin on August 1st. It was my brother's birthday yest..."

No worries! With reading, I always somehow seem to get behind myself.

I read the first 5 chapters and am really enjoying this book! I can't believe I had not yet heard of it. I love the story and characters. Robin and Marjorie are both so sweet. What do you think of it so far?

message 7: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love it so far! Robin's Dad is so mean!
I've just remembered, I've been to Padley Hall/Chapel! So... I know quite a bit of what is about to go down in this book...
Here's a picture of what Padley looks like today (the building standing is the Chapel (they've redone it inside) and the demolished bits of building in front is what's left of Padley Hall.)

It seems ages since I went there--we even had Mass said in the chapel! I neeed to go again, especially after I've read this book!

Kelly Rose | 60 comments I know! I was shocked to find him so hostile towards his own son! I thought he would be understanding and maybe even retract his decision to leave the Church once he saw how firmly Robin would not follow him.

Oh no, for it to be completely leveled like that, I wonder what happened.
Wow that's so neat that you've been there. I didn't know it was a real place. Amazing that Mass is still said there! Must be an awesome experience. :)

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana That's so cool that you've been there, LydiaMae! Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Also, I just want to say I really love what a gentleman Robin is. "Then he took the girl who awaited him there in both his arms, and kissed her twice- first her hands and then her lips, for respect should come first and ardour second." <3

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Diana wrote: "That's so cool that you've been there, LydiaMae! Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Also, I just want to say I really love what a gentleman Robin is. "Then he took the girl who awaited him th..."

Same, I also really admire his courage; can't wait to read more. :)

message 11: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana wrote: "That's so cool that you've been there, LydiaMae! Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Also, I just want to say I really love what a gentleman Robin is. "Then he took the girl who awaited him th..."

I know! I love that quote!