English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Mystery (Non-Scandinavian) > Peter Mayle - France

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jul 25, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4758 comments Mod
Peter Mayle Peter Mayle has more books on Amazon than I thought. I only put the ones that were on Goodreads so you may want to look at Amazon. See Noir, Near and Far. I note that he's a British author, just so you know.

message 2: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Sharon | 2447 comments Mod
Ken wrote: "Peter Mayle Peter Mayle has more books on Amazon than I thought. I only put the ones that were on Goodreads so you may want to look at Amazon. See Noir, Near and ..."

Since late 80s his books have been on a lot of lists. Don’t read him. Reminds me Frances Mayes American who writes books about Tuscany, who I do read and enjoy. Both, imo, are lifestyle writers.

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Sharon wrote: "Ken wrote: "Peter Mayle Peter Mayle has more books on Amazon than I thought. I only put the ones that were on Goodreads so you may want to look at Amazon. See Noi..."

He does write like Frances Mayes about France but he also writes great mysteries in France which are very humorous to me, so I like his stories.

message 4: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Ken wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Ken wrote: "Peter Mayle Peter Mayle has more books on Amazon than I thought. I only put the ones that were on Goodreads so you may want to look at ..."

The TV series was good and a film too. Died earlier this year. Heard a great deal about him since the lare 80s.

message 5: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Well RIP Peter Mayle, we've lost a good friend in books.

message 6: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Ken wrote: "Well RIP Peter Mayle, we've lost a good friend in books."

I listen and read a lot of UK news here. There was lots about his passing. Only 78.

English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic...

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter Mayle (other topics)