Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Bodice Ripper Lost & Found > H invades h's castle captive in tower

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by crazy1bad (last edited Jul 25, 2018 09:37AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 16 comments Please help to find this medieval HR.
The H invades the h's castle. He locks her in a tower and rapes her when he feels like it. Soon she becomes pregnant. At one time I think the h tried to jump from the tower to commit suicide. Btw she was a virgin before the H, not a widow. She inherited the castle from he parents.

message 2: by Cath (new)

Cath | 6 comments Some of this sounds like The Wolf and the Dove by Woodiwiss. Wulfgar does take Aislinn's castle after his men killed her father, but her mother is alive (and crazy). She does end up pregnant but she wasn't a virgin before Wulfgar because prior to his arrival she had been raped by one of his associates, whose name I forget. Can't remember if she tried to jump out of the tower or not.

Hot Mess Sommelière ~ Caro | 55 comments Sounds like a twisted Rapunzel retelling! Unfortunately I don't know the book you're looking for :(

message 4: by JennyG (last edited Jul 25, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

JennyG | 171 comments Cath wrote: "Some of this sounds like The Wolf and the Dove by Woodiwiss. Wulfgar does take Aislinn's castle after his men killed her father, but her mother is alive (and crazy). She does end up pregnant but sh..."

It is revealed at the end of the book that she was a virgin. The hero Wufgar took her virginity.

message 5: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 171 comments In Uncommon Vows by Mary Jo Putney heroine tries to commit suicide when the hero tries to rape her.

message 6: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 16 comments JennyG wrote: "In Uncommon Vows by Mary Jo Putney heroine tries to commit suicide when the hero tries to rape her."
I am not really sure if it's Uncommon vows. The one I am looking for may be very similar but more angsty. I feel like Uncommon vows is not enough angsty to be it.

message 7: by crazy1bad (last edited Jul 25, 2018 09:45AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 16 comments Cath wrote: "Some of this sounds like The Wolf and the Dove by Woodiwiss. Wulfgar does take Aislinn's castle after his men killed her father, but her mother is alive (and crazy). She does end up pregnant but sh..."

Did the H have her captive in a tower?

message 8: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 16 comments Btw I think the H raped the h repeatedly before the suicide attempt.

message 9: by Vellini (new)

Vellini | 68 comments Farida6 wrote: "Cath wrote: "Some of this sounds like The Wolf and the Dove by Woodiwiss. Wulfgar does take Aislinn's castle after his men killed her father, but her mother is alive (and crazy). She ..."
No, she wasn't held in a tower, I don't think it's The Wolf and the Dove.
The book you're looking for sounds very interesting. I'm following!

message 11: by Cath (last edited Jul 26, 2018 05:25AM) (new)

Cath | 6 comments Maybe it's Lie Down In Roses by Shannon Drake Lie Down In Roses by Shannon Drake?

*edited to provide links

message 12: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 171 comments Farida6 wrote: "Please help to find this medieval HR.
The H invades the h's castle. He locks her in a tower and rapes her when he feels like it. Soon she becomes pregnant. At one time I think the h tried to jump ..."

How old is the book? Is it from the 70s, 80s, 90s or post 2000?

Did you read it as paperback or as an e-book?

Do you remember more of the plot?

Do you remember the cover?

message 13: by Joano (new)

Joano | 7 comments Hi, from the description it sounds like “Lay down the roses” by Heather Graham/Shannon Drake. I read it recently. It was one of the Heather Graham books I don’t think I’ll read again. This is available digitally.