The Joy Of Travel discussion

Countries > Cuisine!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven, Diamond Cowboy (new)

Steven Walle (stevenwalle) | 13 comments Mod
I just love to sample foods from around the world. What are some of your favorites from the countries you have visited?

message 2: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 66 comments Mod
I do too!

I love chinese food 🥘

message 3: by Steven, Diamond Cowboy (new)

Sophia wrote: "I do too!

I love chinese food 🥘"

So do I! You sure can't compare what you can get in the states to what they serve in China.

message 4: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

@Steven, I’ve never had any food from the United States. What’s considered local food there?

message 5: by Sleepydrummer (new)

Sleepydrummer | 1 comments While every country one visits with an adventurous appetite one is sure to find scrumptious morsels; Peru stands out for its culinary experience. It’s difficult to describe the cuisine other than to say distinctively flavorful. Peru is renowned for its chile peppers which elevate the flavors of a myriad of dishes from ceviche to saltado stir-fries. I highly suggest exploring Peruvian cuisine.

message 6: by Steven, Diamond Cowboy (new)

Sophia wrote: "@Steven, I’ve never had any food from the United States. What’s considered local food there?"
It all depends on which regon you visit. We have adopted many foods from different countries because we are a melting pot of cultures. Hamburgers from Germany, hotdogs from Germany, pizza from Itally, gumbo from French Canada, and so on.

message 7: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Steven wrote: "Sophia wrote: "@Steven, I’ve never had any food from the United States. What’s considered local food there?"
It all depends on which regon you visit. We have adopted many foods from different count..."

Okay.
Those are all yummy foods c:
It's the same for China. Different in each region.
My family just recently moved to the south of China, and the food is so different from the North. Though it still has that general chinese-yness to it, but its also completely different.

message 8: by Steven, Diamond Cowboy (new)

Sophia wrote: "Steven wrote: "Sophia wrote: "@Steven, I’ve never had any food from the United States. What’s considered local food there?"
It all depends on which regon you visit. We have adopted many foods from ..."

I noticed that when I visited China in 1987. I really loved the food in southern China. YUMMY!

message 9: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

:D

message 10: by Derek (new)

Derek | 18 comments Sinchronizadas in the mountains of Guatemala. I've never found them anywhere else.

message 11: by anotherfungurl (new)

anotherfungurl | 4 comments I loved weiswrust (i guess i spelled it wrong) which is white sausage, in Germany, Munich... It was amazing

And I loved Schnitzel in Vienna.

message 13: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Nope, I've never heard of it.

message 14: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

@Amy i googled it, and i see now that its slugs. I have, in fact, tried it. I didn't like it. They were just so goo-y, and had this weird taste.
Do you like it?

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments I love them.the butter, the crew, I love basically everything about them

message 16: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

So here's something i found very interesting about Chinese food; i have lived in the far north and the far south and in between, And the food was different in every place. The north had spicy foods and they ate a lot of Hot Pot and meats. The middle of china, shall we say Beijing, they ate some of those too, but they ate more soups and noodles and this thing bread bun thing called Man Tou.
Now there are restaurants from all over in each city and province but going to someones house and getting homemade food from someone is the real experience.
Anyhoo, In the South they we eat a lot of sea food, dumplings, and chicken.
I wouldn't be able to choose any one place, every province, city and place has something special.

message 17: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Isn't the title supposed to be cuisine and not cuicine?

message 18: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

yes it is. i'll change it momentarily

message 19: by Derek (new)

Derek | 18 comments Never been to Greece, but I certainly enjoy the Greek flavors (feta cheese, red onion, black olives, and all the greens).

message 20: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I' haven't been outside my country. But I love feta cheese and olives. Not fan of red onions. It is the only thing I leave out in my salad.