Goodreads Ireland discussion

Group FAQ > Goodreads changes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eimear (new)

Eimear (eimearh) | 5 comments Is it just me or is goodreads basically making all it's good features "USA only"? I mean, giveaways were international before and now they're going to be USA only apart from the ones that were listed before the decision was made. I just came across a part of explore that said "great deals for kindle users" and I clicked into it and it's for the USA only but they "hope to expand". I have been using goodreads for years but it's basically just logging books now. All the extra features I used to enjoy are gone.
Am I the only one really annoyed by this?

message 2: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 152 comments I didn't know they were doing that but I gave up looking at the giveaways page. None of the books appealed to me.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil I hadn't looked at it but the post on Facebook button on posting links to reviews wasn't there on my most recent ones posted. Maybe gdpr?

The latimes website even geoblocks Europeans from reading it

message 4: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 148 comments Yes the giveaways are only for US people now. Annoying.

message 5: by Eimear (new)

Eimear (eimearh) | 5 comments I used to enter so many because a lot of the books I've won from them ended up being the best books I've read.
What's gdpr?

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (bdegar) | 4626 comments I stopped entering giveaways and I live in the US. I've only "won" 2 books, and one was by an unknown author. This must have been when I first joined GR. The other I haven't read yet and it hangs over my like an obligation. I gave up entering because 1) I never won anything I wanted, and 2) I then was obligated to read and review. However, it seems some have gotten some good books this way, and I am sorry that people outside the US are excluded.