Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > 2018 Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 654 comments Mod
This year’s Harper Lee Prize winner is Proof (Caroline Auden, #2) by C.E. Tobisman Proof by C.E. Tobisman, it’s the second book in the Caroline Auden series.

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Looks interesting!

message 3: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Jul 25, 2018 12:18PM) (new)

Jenny wrote: "Looks interesting!"

I’m not familiar with this series either Jenny. I checked the reviews & they’re very positive - 4 to 5 stars. Another one to add to my ever growing list 📚 📚 📚 😊

Thanks for stopping by!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Sousa | 16 comments I am reading her first book Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1) by C.E. Tobisman Doubt now. So far, it's excellent. I have purchased Proof (Caroline Auden, #2) by C.E. Tobisman Proof and am looking forward to reading it!

message 5: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

That’s terrific Barbara! I always look forward to your excellent reviews & recommendations. It’s now on my list & am excited to read your final review 😊

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Sousa | 16 comments I finished Doubt. It is a smart, intriguing thriller revolving around a high-stakes, multi-state class action case. Caroline Auden, a first-year associate, has the right combination of legal skills, computer expertise and tenacity to be a valuable asset to the plaintiff’s legal team. In order to succeed, she must find a crucial missing document, locate a reluctant witness and solve a murder. Doubt is well-written, well-paced novel, with an ending I didn’t see coming (although I probably should have - the foreshadowing was there, I just missed it). I am looking forward to the second novel, Proof.

message 7: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Aug 13, 2018 07:55AM) (new)

Barbara wrote: "I finished Doubt. It is a smart, intriguing thriller revolving around a high-stakes, multi-state class action case. Caroline Auden, a first-year associate, has the right combination..."

So thrilled that you enjoyed this Barbara! I love books that surprise me at the end so I’ll definitely add this series to my list.
Thanks for adding your thoughts!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Doubt (other topics)
Proof (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

C.E. Tobisman (other topics)