Audiobooks discussion

Non-Audible Sources > Brillance Audio Closing Online

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (rhyta) | 153 comments I just saw this on another group I frequent. I realize most here like the MP3 versions of audio but for those who don't mind CD's or MP3 CD's, this might interest you. They are closing July 31st and all CD's are $4 w/free shipping.

https://www.audiobookstand.com/

Here's another link for more information about audio book stand.

https://goodereader.com/blog/audioboo...

message 2: by Doug (new)

Doug (lakeman) | 71 comments I am sorry to see them go, I have been a long time customer. While I have never purchased a full priced audio CD book I took advantage of the $6 sales they had often enough that I have a box full of them. Their sale pricing beat the Audible pricing for the same titles by a lot.

When I found out about the closure I made a larger order of some J.D. Robb "in Death" series books at $4 each, but they back-ordered one of the audiobooks right in the middle and finally cancelled the back-order (they did send the rest); I will have to get that one book and any future titles from that series for a much higher price at Audible. I also picked up the Harry Harrison "Stainless Steel Rat" series at $4 each.

I would expect that by now, with the closure imminent, that stock is dwindling. They informed me about the closure at the start of June.

The article was a good explanation of why they are making the move. The last I knew Brilliance is owned by Amazon and so is Audible, so it makes sense that they would want to get as much money as possible for their titles.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 145 comments Thank you for sharing - I found several cd's also

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan | 433 comments For $4 each, I bit the bullet X4. And shipping was free!! I probably could of found more but was trying to be conservative.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Rosenfield (sbear) | 0 comments Audiobookstand is also closing as of the end of this month. (Sob!) I bought lots of their $6 bargains and donated them to my tiny local library when I was through with them. Their stock was catch as catch can, but their low prices and free shipping made audiobooks affordable.
I don't know how I'm going to survive without them.