Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Royally Screwed (Royally, #1)
This topic is about Royally Screwed
Buddy Reads > August Buddy Read - Royally Screwed (Chiara, Michaele)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7115 comments August Buddy Read

Chiara | 667 comments Hi Michaele!
I've checked out TBRs and we have a couple of interesting new releases in common
The Chase (Briar U, #1) by Elle Kennedy (out on August 6th)
Boy Toy (Man Hands, #3) by Sarina Bowen (out on August 14th)

Other books we have in common are:
Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase
Unfixable by Tessa Bailey
Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven
Tonic by Staci Hart

Let me know if there's something that appeals you! I'm obviously open to other suggestions :)

Michaele | 4182 comments Hello!

How about either The Chase or Royally Screwed?

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "Hello!

How about either The Chase or Royally Screwed?"

They're both great options so I'm good with whichever you prefer!

Michaele | 4182 comments How about we start with Royally Screwed and go from there?

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "How about we start with Royally Screwed and go from there?"

Great! When do you wanna start?

Michaele | 4182 comments I'll be ready August 1st! So anytime works for me :)

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "I'll be ready August 1st! So anytime works for me :)"

August 1st works for me as well!

Michaele | 4182 comments Perfect! Do you want to read 3 or 4 chapters a day and check in throughout? Or would a different approach work better?

Chiara | 667 comments Read 3-4 chapters and comment as we go is ok for me :)

message 12: by Michaele (last edited Aug 01, 2018 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michaele | 4182 comments I listened to the first 3 chapters. Liking it so far.

(view spoiler)

Chiara | 667 comments Sorry for the delay Michaele! I was so absorbed by Somebody Else's Sky that I couldn't stop reading it until I finished it!

I've read the first 3 chapters of our BR..I still don't know how I feel a bout Nicholas. On the surface he seems the classic douchebag, but I think there's more we haven't seen about him yet. I think people like him have a very privileged life but they also have obligations and limitations and experience a lot of pressure.

I already like Olivia..she seems a tough girl, who's been through a lot, she's sassy and smart..and I agree..he was a jerk and totally deserved the pie smashed in his face!

Michaele | 4182 comments No worries! I'll have to check out Somebody Else's Sky :)

3 chapters tomorrow?

Chiara | 667 comments That series is addicting..you should definitely check it out if you like angsty romances!
I can do 3 more today if you want..or we can do tomorrow if you prefer!

Michaele | 4182 comments I can listen to 3 more today! I'll post later.

Chiara | 667 comments Ok great!

Chiara | 667 comments I just finished chapter 6

(view spoiler)

Michaele | 4182 comments Me too! I am starting to like him more. I like that she's not just a pushover either.

Michaele | 4182 comments Finished chapter 9. Totally feels like a fairy tale.

(view spoiler)

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "Finished chapter 9. Totally feels like a fairy tale.

[spoilers removed]"

Yup..definitely a fairytale..maybe a bit too unrealistic for my liking, but still an enjoyable lighthearted story
The scene you mentioned was very sweet..he helped her feel less embarrassed about her family..
As I said before, Nicholas is a good man behind the cocky facade!

Chiara | 667 comments Finished chapter 12

(view spoiler)

Michaele | 4182 comments Agreed. I didn't le that she talked him into going out without security and then took him someplace so crazy. Made her seem clueless. I'm not feeling the chemistry either.

Michaele | 4182 comments Sorry about the typo, sending this from my phone. I meant I didn't like...

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "Agreed. I didn't le that she talked him into going out without security and then took him someplace so crazy. Made her seem clueless. I'm not feeling the chemistry either."

Yup I agree..their chemistry is not so over the top..and I’m not a huge fan of fairytale stories. I usually prefer something more angsty or, at least, a bit more layered and more real..

Don’t worry about the typo..I made one as well on my last message cause I usually write from phone too or from iPad!

Michaele | 4182 comments :)

Just finished chapter 16. I wonder if the book about the little brother will be more angsty - he seems more messed up.

Also, is it bad that I could care less if they become figureheads with no power? I'm not impressed with the royal family so far.

Chiara | 667 comments Henry is definitely more troubled..
I’m not impressed either..Unfortunately I cannot connect with the characters and I’m not feeling emotionally invested with the story

Michaele | 4182 comments Me neither.

message 29: by Chiara (last edited Aug 05, 2018 11:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chiara | 667 comments Since I wasn’t enjoying the story very much and I couldn't keep dragging this book, I’ve decided to keep on reading so I would finish sooner!

Chiara | 667 comments Here are my thoughts on the book!

(view spoiler)

Michaele | 4182 comments I'll finish today!

message 32: by Michaele (last edited Aug 06, 2018 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michaele | 4182 comments It's not just you- it's me too :). It was pretty blah for me.

I didn't really connect with them either and I didn't feel the chemistry. Usually dirty talk is ok, but for some reason it fell flat in this book. Maybe it was the narrator - it came off kind snobby, more like he was objectifying someone beneath him than talking about someone he really cared about.

Chiara | 667 comments I’m glad we’re on the same page on this book! I don’t think I will continue with the series..

Michaele | 4182 comments I might if I could get the books for free, but I wouldn't spend money :)

Michaele | 4182 comments Want to read something else together?

Chiara | 667 comments Yes sure, I’d love to read something else!

Michaele | 4182 comments How about The Chase?

Chiara | 667 comments Michaele wrote: "How about The Chase?"

Great! I've already purchased it so I'm ready to start whenever you are :)

Michaele | 4182 comments Today?

Chiara | 667 comments Ok perfect!

Michaele | 4182 comments I read the first 3 chapters. So far it's ok, hasn't completely drawn me in yet, but I liked the series (Off Campus I think?) it is a spin-off of- though I haven't read the last book in that series yet.

Chiara | 667 comments Here I am..3 chapters down. I’m liking it so far..I’ve adored the Off Campus series so I’m thrilled to get a glimpse into the life of those characters again, and also dive into the Briar atmosphere once more!

Chiara | 667 comments I just finished chapter 7..it’s a nice story so far, even if I enjoyed the Off campus series way more! I hope The Chase will get better as the story progresses!

Michaele | 4182 comments I haven't read yet today, but will soon! I know what you mean, this one isn't grabbing me like the Off Campus books did... but hopefully it will.

Michaele | 4182 comments Finished chapter 7. I like Brenna (I think that was her name, I'm terrible with names), she breathed some life into this book. But that's kind of it so far. The misunderstanding - Summer overhearing part of the conversation - it a little too expected. I don't know.

Chiara | 667 comments Yes, I agree with you. So far, their story is based mainly on miscommunication, and this is pretty trivial.
The story is nice, some chatacters are really entertaining, but probably I was expecting more from Elle Kennedy and an Off Campus spin-off. The whole ‘he thinks I’m dumb and, since this is a sensitive matter for me, I’m offended” is a bit silly. Anyway, I have hope it will get better..it has to!!!

Michaele | 4182 comments Just finished chapter 10. They aren't really growing on me. So far there's been more interaction between Summer and pretty much every other guy in the book than Fitz.

I noticed that anytime the book makes me laugh or smile it's when the secondary characters are around, which means there is hope for the series!

I am thinking maybe Brenna with one of the Harvard guys.

Chiara | 667 comments I just finished chapter 16 and the story is getting a tiny bit better, but I totally get what you mean..For many chapters Summer intersects with everyone excepts Fitz!

When I read the chapter about the Harvard game I had your same thoughts about Brenna and Weston..Brenna is a very funny character so I think that would be an entertaining story!!

Chiara | 667 comments I’m on chapter 23 and honestly I’m not liking Fitz’s hot and cold behavior...it’s really frustrating!

Michaele | 4182 comments I need to catch up! Though that doesn't sound like fun....

« previous 1 3