Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Mistletoe, Baby
This topic is about Mistletoe, Baby
Archive (Buddy Reads) > August Buddy Read - Mistletoe, Baby (Fran, Ashley)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7832 comments August Buddy Read

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 25, 2018 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments Hi Ashley!

I'm looking forward to our buddy read in August! You have a bunch on your shelves I would be happy to read. Let me know if there is anything on my shelves that interests you.

Here's a few from your shelves that I would read-
Most Likely to Score
The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl
Dirty Exes
Sit...Stay...Beg

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I sent these books to the other thread, because I didn't know we had our own yet. Sorry. I just for back from vacation. lol.
I'll look into the ones you sent and in the meantime, look into these? lol

Strictly Off Limits: A Forbidden Romance Novella
Getting Schooled
Dane's Storm
The Baumgartners Plus One
Designed for Submission
Yes, Ma'am

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Jul 26, 2018 06:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

message 5: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments Walk of Shame
Love, Chloe

These are in the audible romance package and I can get a copy of either of these. Do either of them sound good to you?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Ugh! They both sound sooo good! Uhmmm... let's do Walk of Shame! Sound good?

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments Great!

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments When do you want to start?

message 9: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments I'm good to start the first week of August. Does that work for you?

It's a shorter book, are you good with reading the whole thing and then chatting about it when we are both finished? Or would you prefer discussing it half way through and then at the end?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments So the first week - as in the first full week? Or this week? lol
Also, we can read it through and then chat about it.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Fran, I didn't realize at the time that Walk of Shame was the 4th book in a series.. Do you want to start with #1 in that series, or do you just want to read the other book you suggested?
lol Sorry, I don't feel comfortable starting in the middle of a series..

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments I can get a copy of either Mistletoe, Baby from your list or Love, Chloe .

You pick :)

I can start this week, August 1st. I might be going away on the 6th so I will probably finish it before I go.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Let's do Mistletoe, Baby!
I'm so excited! lol

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments Great! A little winter holiday fun in the summer :)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments :) Except I've been watching Christmas in July on the Hallmark channel, since it started.. so it fits in with my life at the moment! :)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I stopped on chapter 10... I'm not really sure how I feel about this book.. It may have something to do with the narrator's voice. I'm not sure yet. And I don't like how they just jumped into bed together, the first time they went out of town together..

message 17: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments I just started it this morning- I will read more later today.
I'm sorry it's not off to a good start :(

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments It's totally fine!

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I finally finished this book, thank god! I did NOT like it, at all!

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments I've read 6 chapters so far and I agree with you!
I will finish it tonight.

Disappointing so far. These two are successful, professional people who can't seem to think about anything but sex. She brought an extra pair of panties to work??? To change into after she sees or speaks to her new boss?? He tries to get her to quit by giving her a difficult deadline because he's attracted to her and can't control himself? They both seem very juvenile. It's very hard to believe they are both in high-powered jobs.

message 21: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran | 11271 comments I finished it, Ashley. Very disappointing.

She's upset that she's pregnant after no mention of birth control of any kind throughout the entire book? And she's supposed to be a very intelligent, successful person?

And was there any mistletoe in the story? Maybe I missed it?

Oh well. I did think the ending was sweet, if cheesy. As long as there is an HEA I can't be too upset :)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments yeah.. this book definitely wasn't what I expected.. :/