2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Ashley’s 50 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments I had another post called my 30 book challenge but I completed that so here’s my 50 book challenge. As of right now I’m in the middle of Lord of the Flies and This Song Will Save Your Life but im not technically counting that rn bc its a buddy read and I don’t have to book yet and then I’m going to start the Distance Between Us as an audiobook because I have chores now. Hopefully I complete this challenge because school does start for me in 3 weeks I think

message 2: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your remaining books keep it up

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 31.

31. Lord of the Flies 4/5 stars

Surprisingly I liked this book a lot more than a lot I would because it is a school book but overall it was pretty good. I really don’t think I’m going to do much more reading tonight but if I do I’ll probably just read Diary of a Whimpy Kid the Last Straw maybe I’m not sure

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 32

32. Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw 5/5 stars

This is one of my favorite childhood series so of course it’s going to be 5 stars for me. For the rest of the day I think I’m just going to listen to my audiobook of The Distance Between Us and do chores and maybe start another book I’m not sure yet and hopefully go to the library and do an hour of summer work so I can read the other book I have to read

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments I have made no reading progress today lol except I listened to a bit of my audiobook The Distance Between Us. I think I’m kind of in a slump but I’m going to my library tmrrw so hopefully that helps

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele (impressionistwoman) | 20 comments Ashley wrote: "I have made no reading progress today lol except I listened to a bit of my audiobook The Distance Between Us. I think I’m kind of in a slump but I’m going to my library tmrrw so hopefully that helps"
ashley,
that will absolutely help and anyway, an audio-book COUNTS!
michele xx

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments It deffinantly did help thank you!!

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele (impressionistwoman) | 20 comments :-)

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 33

33. You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl #2) 3.5/5 stars

I liked it better than the first one it was more focused on comparasion to the tv show I think but anyways I think theirs a 24hour readathon tonight that I might try to participate in and if so then I hope to finish my audiobook of The Distance Between Us and All I Want Is Everything (Gossip Girl #3) if not then tomorrow I’ll deffinantly finish All I Want Is Everything and maybe make progress in my audiobook

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 34.

34. All I Want Is Everything (Gossip Girl #3) 3.5/5 stars

The books deffinantly keep on improving themselves as the series goes on but now I have finished all my books that I have and I can’t go back to my library until Tuesday so I think I’m just going to try and finish my audiobook of the Distance Between Us and get as much of my summer work done as I can because then Tuesday I can just read hopefully or maybe I’ll start a book I own maybe I’ll continue with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but I can’t start that until Monday anyways so I have no idea

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele (impressionistwoman) | 20 comments ashley,
omg i have TONS of books on my home bookshelves that i own because i bought them years ago from op. shops and second-hand -type shops also on sale items.
i kept them for "a rainy day" and here it is!
so you are welcome to use my library although i'm in south australia, a bit of a trip for you i guess! hehe
so good luck with your audiobook.
michele xx

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 35.

35. The Distance Between Us 4.5/5 stars

I really liked this book but the thing that made me doc it half a star is that Caymens Mom was really judgemental and very stereotypical of rich people but other than that I loved it especially the romance. Well I’m also currently reading The Sun is Also a Star and Demonglass, I might be able to finish one by tonight or tmrrw I’m not sure tho, but I’m deffinantly out of my reading slump!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 36.

36. Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) 5/5 stars

This was a second book in a series and I loved it even more than the first I absolutely can not wait to pick up the third and final book in the trilogy bc the first two were retreads for me but I never read the third one so I’m excited. As for the rest of the day I think I’m going to read volume 2 of Archie and do summer work once I’m home and maybe read more of The Sun Is Also A Star cuz I’m halfway done with that book as well.

message 15: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ashley wrote: "Book 35.
but I’m deffinantly out of my reading slump! "

Yay, so happy for you Ashley! And I see you found another gem. Must check out the Hex Hall series!

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Yes it’s definantly a good series but only if you like magical element things and a love triangle and betrayl lol!

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 37

37. Archie Volume 2- 3.5/5 stars

This one was better than the first it ended kind of on a cliffhanger so I deffinantly want to pick up the next volume asap! But for the rest of the night I think I’m just going to read a little bit more of The Sun Is Also A Star and tmrrw I hopefully plan to finish that or start Percy Jackson’s Greek Heros

message 18: by Susy (last edited Aug 06, 2018 12:21AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ashley wrote: "Yes it’s definantly a good series but only if you like magical element things and a love triangle and betrayl lol!"

Well, not much into love triangles but I looooove all that is magical :)
Added to my TBR!

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 38

38. The Sun is Also a Star 5/5 stars

I absolutely loved this book it deffinantly lived up to my expectations I cried at the end it was amazing!!!! Anyways for the rest of the night I’m probably going to read some of this song will save your life bc is reading it with someone and we can finally start reading again and I might start because I’m worth it which is the 4th book in the gossip girl series I think or I might just keep reading Percy Jackson’s Greek Hero’s im not sure yet maybe I’ll stay up and fr do my summer work for a bit then read a lot tonight I have no idea just thought I’d update lol!

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele (impressionistwoman) | 20 comments Ashley wrote: "Book 38

38. The Sun is Also a Star 5/5 stars

I absolutely loved this book it deffinantly lived up to my expectations I cried at the end it was amazing!!!! Anyways for the rest of the night I’m pr..."

sweet!

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 39

39. The metamorphosis and other stories 3/5 stars

I only read the matamorphosis story bc it was for school and it was okay it kept me interested but it was kinda creepy lol. Anyways tonight I’m restarting this song will save your life finally and should hopefully finish the first two chapters but besides that I don’t plan on doing much more reading tonight bc I have to clean my room maybe I’ll listen to my audiobook while I do that tho and I have to try and finish my summer hw bc school starts in 2 days lol but if I do read it will be Percy Jackson’s Greek heroes

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments So I just wanted to update on my reading Challenge it says I’ve finished 40 books but I haven’t I just put maximum ride as finished bc I DNF it so I am now having to read 51 books to hit my real goal of 50 books lol. I started school so I’ve deff been reading less I’m still in the middle of Percy Jackson’s Greek Hero’s and im going to start because I’m worth it a gossip girl novel lol and I want to finish this song will save your life. Tbh I kinda want to do a 24 hour readathkn tonight to see what I can do so I’ll start at 7 and see how it goes wish me luck!

message 23: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Good luck Ashley!!

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments I can’t do it anymore tonight lol I’m so exaushted I hardly slept last night cuz of my game and tonight I can’t and I didn’t make good progress my goal for this mini readathon was to read 3 books and I’m on the first book and I’m stopping at page 100 all bad lol hopefully tmrrw I can at least read 2 books instead of 3. Goodnight lol

message 25: by Veda (new)

Veda  (moonchild63) | 40 comments Michele wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I have made no reading progress today lol except I listened to a bit of my audiobook The Distance Between Us. I think I’m kind of in a slump but I’m going to my library tmrrw so hope..."

Good to know, don't have many & just heard about Overdrive @ Library. I prefer to hold a book😵😄

message 26: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ashley wrote: "I can’t do it anymore tonight lol I’m so exaushted I hardly slept last night cuz of my game and tonight I can’t and I didn’t make good progress my goal for this mini readathon was to read 3 books a..."

What game is that Ashley?

message 27: by Veda (new)

Veda  (moonchild63) | 40 comments Ashley wrote: "I can’t do it anymore tonight lol I’m so exaushted I hardly slept last night cuz of my game and tonight I can’t and I didn’t make good progress my goal for this mini readathon was to read 3 books a..."

LOL, I have to hunker down tomorrow to make progress - the choice of books make procrastination 'appealing' Dark Alliance The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion by Gary Webb & A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle it is a double fisted 'read' as Tolle is a Library book, the other I own. I took a break to read the two chapters posted by Maria V Snyder 'Diaper Study' (short from her great Study series) it was fun& a funny story - can't wait for the next installment & to watch/catch up on the 'Cormoran Strike' adapted movies from Robert Galbraith (a/k/a JK Rowling) on Cinemax - they (like the 📚's)

are ABSOLUTELY Fabulous 😍 Goodnight & Goodreads!

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments It was my cheerleading game it was our first football game and it was away so I wasn’t home til late Friday night and up early yesterday! I think my mini readathon is a fail this morning I woke up throwing up and with a headache so I haven’t done any reading I’ve basically just slept most of the day so :( but maybe I’ll try to read some later on and try this mini readathon again next weekend or something

message 29: by Veda (new)

Veda  (moonchild63) | 40 comments Ashley wrote: "It was my cheerleading game it was our first football game and it was away so I wasn’t home til late Friday night and up early yesterday! I think my mini readathon is a fail this morning I woke up ..."

Feel better & negotiate 'readathon' for another day!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Thank you! I deffinantly haven’t done any reading today except I started the audiobook of Alex Approximately, and I’m on chapter 5 2 hours into it I think. But tmrrw I should be back on track with my reading I have a Ta period tmrrw so free period basically and I’m going to read Percy Jackson’s Greek Heros so hopefully tmrrw I can finish that

message 31: by Michele (new)

Michele (impressionistwoman) | 20 comments hi ashley!
can you tell me , how to you keep track of the thread of more than one book at a time?
also, more importantly, what system do you use for your audiobooks? what plan is good value for money do you think?
i've been looking into it and it's confusing! help :-)

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Its hard to keep track of more than one book at once but somehow I do it lol I kinda just read what I’m in the mood to read or I read what’s gonna be due at my library first. And I use Hoopla for my audiobooks and ebooks bc its thru my library

message 33: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Okay wow since school has started I’ve been so bad with my reading I’m literally reading 5 books lol. None for school either! But anyways today I got 75ish % of the way done with Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes and I probably won’t read anymore of that tonight but maybe tonight I’ll fr fr read more of gossip girl whichever book I’m on I forgot lol and tmrrw im going to have to read some of turtles all the way down for ssr in school so I’ll do some of that as well but yea that’s my reading so far this week too many books lol

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 40

40. Percy Jackson’s Greek Heros 5/5 stars

I loved it now next I’m going to read one of the stories from the demigod files and then start with the lightning theif book. But anyways I’m my reading challenge says I’ve done 41 books but I don’t count maximum ride the angel experiment cuz I DNF like 20 pages in. But anyways the next book I want to finish is my gossip girl book I forgot which one it is but only while I’m at home but during school I’ll be reading Turtles All The Way Down because I need pages for school so hopefully I’ll be able to read some of that later today but for now I gtg write an essay lol

message 35: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) If you delete the dates read from your DNF, that book won’t appear in your challenge. At least, that’s how I resolved that problem....

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Omg! Thank you so much I didn’t know that and I tried it and it worked, thank you again!!

message 37: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) You’re welcome :)

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments I haven’t finished a book but I’m finally reading again. Today’s my birthday so it’s been slow with reading but I have free periods and I chose to read instead of do hw bc it’s my day today lol but I’ve read a lot of Turtles All The Way Down and I hope to finish it soon my goal is to finish that this week and too make some more progress in my audiobook of Alex Approximately and maybe try to finish that this week as well but I’m not sure because I’m 3 hours in and it’s 10 hours and I listen on 1.25 speed so I’m not sure but I have high hopes

message 39: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Happy birthday Ashley! 🎉🎂🍾🎈

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Thank you!!😊

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 41

41. Turtles All The Way Down 5/5 stars

Wow I loved this book it was a little confusing at first but it just pulled me in towards the middle asap and the ending oml I got so emotional like wow. I’m shook. For the rest of the night though I plan on listening to 2 chapters of Alex Approximately and maybe reading some of Gossip Girl. My new goal for the week is to finish Gossip Girl and Alex Approximately. And tonight I still have some hw so probably do that as well

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 42

42. Because I’m Worth It (Gossip Girl 4) 4/5 stars

The book is good as I said last time the series keeps getting better as it goes on. I also made some more progress in Alex Approximately I’m about halfway through I think, and today I get Saint Anything from my library because I need to read it for school so I’ll probably start that, and I also want to finish This Song Will Save Your Life soon

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 43

43. This Song Will Save Your Life 5/5 stars

This book was absolutely amazing I’m so glad that I finally finished it after months of putting it off. The fact that it tackles serious problems like suicide and being alone just made it that much better of a book. But anyways I’m currently in the middle of Saint Anything and I’m going to try to finish that today as well and I’m also in the middle of Alex Approximately which I probably won’t finish today just because I’m listening to the audiobook but hopefully this week I’ll finish it

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 44

44. Saint Anything 5/5

I loved this book it was absolutely amazing. But for my reading I’m planning on trying to finish Alex Approximately by Sunday and I’m also trying to finish Spell Bound by tomorrow hopefully. So then tomorrow I can start The Hate U Give. I’m only 6 away from reaching my goal and I’m thinking about upping my goal to 60 or 70 but I feel like that’s really ambitious but I’m not sure yet

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 45

45. Spell Bound(Hex Hall #3) 5/5

I love this series unconditionally lol, great series. But anyways I also started The Hate U Give today I’m only about 20 pages in but I’m not rushing to finish it I plan to finish it by the end of next week, so Friday basically one week also I’m going to finish Alex Approximately tonight or tmrrw and probably start the audiobook of The Raven Boys as well. I’m so close to my goal I’m thinking I’ll up it too 60 books probably. Also I’m starting Hamlet for school as well so technically it counts

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 46

46. Alex Approximately 4.5/5

It was overall a good book I had my issues with it but I loved it. I have not read anymore of The Hate U Give but I’m planning too tonight and I’m also planning on reading Archie Volume 3 tonight and probably The First Lie( its the prequel to the lying game series) and finish both of those tonight because their fairly short and then tmrrw start the audiobook of The Lying Game the first one in the series. If I finish those 2 books tonight then I’ll be at 48/50 so I’m trying to finish my reading goal this week for sure by Friday hopefully. Then I’ll probably up it another 15ish books or so to 65 or 70 I’m not sure yet but I want to try to get at least to 70 by the end of the year which I think is doable especially since I’ve really been in the reading mood rn

message 47: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 47

47. Archie Volume 3 - 4/5

I liked this one but deffinantly not as much as the other ones but I am getting more into graphic novels now. I don’t think I’m going to be doing anymore reading tonight, but tmrrw I hope to start and finish The First Lie( The Lying Game Prequel) and maybe the audiobook of The Lying Game as well and more of The Hate U Give maybe

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 48

48. The First Lie(The Lying Game Prequel) 3/5

This was a good book overall but it was fairly short because it was a novella lol but I liked it. Today I plan to listen to The Lying Game for a bit while I do some chores, also I hope to read more of The Hate U Give and that’s about it I don’t think I’ll be finishing another book today, because I’m trying to finish my show Young and Hungry and start Insatiable and I have homework to do as well lol. But I’m thinking I’m going to up my reading goal to 70 because I think I can do it, especially since I need to finish The Gossip Girl series and The Lying Game series and some standalone for school as well so I think I can do this

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 49

49. The Hate U Give 5/5

This book was amazing I wrote a review on it if anyone’s interested in that. Today I am planning to start and finish I Like It Like That(Gossip Girl #5) and that’s about it I’m not worried if I don’t finish it it won’t bother me because I do have a game tonight and school so maybe at least getting halfway through is a more realistic goal for me and then I’ll have completed my reading challenge and probably up my goal

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 165 comments Book 50

50. I like It Like That (Gossip Girl #5) 4/5

I liked it more than the rest I’m really eager to continue the series but now I have met my reading goal of 50 books so I upped it to 65 which hopefully I can complete by the end of this year but that means that I won’t be in this group anymore I’ll be in the 51-100 books group chat area but this one was fun. I’m glad I found this group

« previous 1