Play Book Tag discussion

Color: A Natural History of the Palette
This topic is about Color
Archive: Other Books > Color: A Natural History of the Palette/Victoria Finlay/4.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 214 comments This was a fantastic history of color, where paints come from, how they were used through history, and what different colors meant to different people. I have serious travel envy of the author who successfully paints (see what I did there?) a picture of each place she visits.

Very good and very informative all in one!

Hayjay315 | 228 comments This book was my introduction to the Microhistory genre courtesy of the Popsugar reading challenge and I was quite fascinated by all the stories the author uncovered in connection to each of the colors highlighted. Most definitely one of my favorite reads of the year!

Jgrace | 2938 comments I bought this one at the National Gallery in Washington, DC 12 or 13 years ago. I go back to it now and then after a museum visit. It's so interesting and always gives me a greater appreciation of the arts.

message 4: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2502 comments Glad this was so interesting - thanks for the review. I’ve seen this book but failed to buy it - will have to remedy that. Is on the TBR as a reminder

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Color and our perception as well as the idea of archetypes is such an amazing thing. Book looks very interesting.