Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV Shows/ Podcasts > Investigation Discovery's Reasonable Doubt

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments Tomorrow night the ID channel's Reasonable Doubt is focusing on a famous local case The Ryan Widmer Case.

In August of 2008 newlywed Sarah Widmer was found dead in her bathtub. This case is very very controversial here in the Cincinnati area. Even after multiple trials people opinion is split on how Sarah Widmer died.

Reasonable Doubt 7/25 @ 10pm.

message 2: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments This is my favorite show!! Christopher Anderson is such an awesome guy!!!

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I just discovered it 2 weeks ago. I really like it.

message 4: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I always cry like a baby with every episode. It's always very emotional.

message 5: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I can not wait to watch it!!

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments This show has done nothing to change my opinion. Ryan Widmer is a murderer.

message 7: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments He sure is, there was another drowning case in 2007 as well, with the same theory of the wife having some kind of heart disease and that was the reason for her drowning in the bathtub.

Both men in both cases were inconsistent with their stories!!

Ryan is a terrible liar and I see why he didn't testify!!!! My goodness. He did it, and he can go ahead and rot in jail. Just awful

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments Yup! but a lot of people locally still think he's innocent.

message 9: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12122 comments Apparently they never heard of the Brides in the Bath case. People who knew him didn't think he was capable of such a thing either...

message 10: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments Anyone watch the latest episode featuring Virginia Wells? 🤔

message 11: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I'm currently watching it now. I'm not really sure what to think. Do you think she's guilty?

message 12: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments After finishing the episode, I have to say I believe she's guilty. I agree with Chris when he says there are too many coincidences. However, I don't believe she acted alone.

message 13: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I def believe she is totally guilty. too much happened at the same time she out "out partying"... she might not have dine the crime, but she has some involvement for sure.

message 14: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I keep thinking about the two men she went to the park with and then the other man who stayed with her sons. I believe they may be involved, as well. I'm more inclined to believe the two men she went to the park with helped her with the crime. But, the fact that she wouldn't even admit to the police that she was with them and use them as her alibi, makes me question whether she was with the two men at all that night. So, that would leave her babysitter. And if her babysitter was involved, that most likely means the children were left alone, which, as a mother, is just atrocious to me.

Sorry this is rambling. lol that case is just sitting with me today for some reason.

message 15: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments The fact that her ex husband even had the gun thatvwas used, all of sudden went missing and then turned up a few mere miles away baffled me too.

I mean her frealing footprints were left at the scene. The checks, all bizarre.

And those men she was with, she can't even disclose full names??!

This woman is crazy to think she could convince anyone in their sane mind that she innocent.

I love this show!! 😁

message 16: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments Look at my typos, woman made me mad lol

message 17: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments Has anyone watched the Scott Davis case yet? Currently watching it!

message 18: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I just finished it!! Ohhhh my, how do you lose 50 pieces of evidence?!?! IDK how I feel about this one. I feel like maybe Scott made those phone calls to get David unsettled, maybe?? BUT Megan had something to do with it IMO. Something about it just does not sit right....

message 19: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments or maybe Megan did the attacks at the house to draw attention to Scott 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

message 20: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments https://youtu.be/IqiuOc3LtQI

48 Hours where Megan is interviewed. I'm going to watch it..

message 21: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I'll have to get back to you on this one, Tia. I was in the middle of watching this episode when my husband decided we needed to watch Planet America instead. 🙄

message 22: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments Ooooooh thanks for posting that!! I'm going to watch it as soon as I'm able to finish the episode.

message 23: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments I still am researching lol freescottdavis.org has me intrigued! - I wanna know what you think! 🤔

message 24: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I'm still conflicted. This is an odd case. How do 50+ pieces of evidence go missing? Someone destroyed that evidence purposefully in my opinion. But why? I don't know that I think Megan had anything to do with it, but she's a questionable personality. Scott had plenty of motive and his statements that he was the victim of two home invasions in one night sounds ridiculous.

message 25: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12122 comments Never, ever underestimate the carelessness of whoever runs the evidence lockers in a police precinct house. I read in Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction That Changed America that someone managed to lose an entire car belonging to Ottis Toole.

message 26: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments It all sounds fishy!! -Fishface... AN ENTIRE CAR?!?! Atlanta police department treats their evidence rooms like trash.

message 27: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 12122 comments Well, in this case it was Hollywood, Florida, but yeah...To be fair, in a way they are full of trash.

message 28: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments Has anyone watched the David Clark episode?

message 29: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments Watching it today Ashleigh!!! 😁📝

message 30: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments Yay! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. This one was very emotional; get ready for it. Lol

message 31: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments IDK WHAT TO BELIEVE!! Wow, just wow. So much background points to David, but something in me is like THEY WERE KIDS!!

message 32: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I definitely think David would have been a violent criminal later in life, whether he committed this crime or not, based on the mental health reviews. But, his 3 co-defendants are very believable to me, so I have a hard time coming to a conclusion also. Plus, he had such an attitude talking to Chris. 👎🏻

message 33: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments okay so I like research... here is what I found... http://www.innocentinmates.org/clark/...

I re-watched the friends as they spoke about what happened. And then I read this after looking online.

He was definitely was a bit ansty talking with him, but in a sense I felt Chris should have tapped into more of a childlike sense. Yeah at seven stealing is wrong, that doesn't mean kids won't do it. Especially based on David's upbringing.

I am just going to say this..

David had troubled surroundings, and his environment was very unstable. I can see how the fingers would be pointed to him. He indeed had a troubled background and troubled history. Even his friends admitted to doing a lot of terrible things AS KIDS. Even I, can attest to being a knucklehead when I was little.

Yet, the witness and her account of what happened, match with David's story, and with his friends, all make me feel that he is innocent.

Not one police officer questioned the description that the witness gave. She, in 1991, and today, clearly said A MAN!! Not a child. REDHEAD, David does not have red hair. I believe they just wanted to put away the kids that were seen as troublemakers from the begining.

What really hits me is the fact that David never even went into the house. 🤔

It is a really sad story here. I genuinely believe his friend Justin's recanted story and the witness. His lack of empathy really accounts for nothing, he was a kid!! IDK, but thats enough reasonable doubt for me.

I hope more of his friends that were there that night come forth and do what's right.

message 34: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Brooks | 104 comments I just remembered there were believed to be 5+ kids there that night. Why we're only 4 arrested/convicted? That doesn't even make sense.

message 35: by Teegan (new)

Teegan Bey (namastereading) | 22 comments right, my thoughts exactly.

According to David's side of the story of what I have found, they only convicted him based on three witness accounts, that he felt were coerced to begin with. While the rest of the witnesses testified in his defense.

Isn't that something!?! Like wow.

message 36: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 168 comments I didn’t see that story on the ID channel