Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Rooster Bar > 3. Gordy's suicide

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
3. Do you think Gordy's suicide affected the choices Mark, Todd, and Zola made? Would any of these happened if Gordy were alive?

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Oh yes. I think they took him seriously after his suicide. I don't think any of this would have happened had he not committed suicide.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I agree with Chelsea. His suicide was what started it all.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
I guess we are three for three. I've thought Gordy was the start of it all, and they never really got a good grip on things again.

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments What would have happened had Gordy not died? Would they all have gone after Hinds Rackley? Why didn’t Gordy share what he was discovering?

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I think so, too, unless Gordy would have been able to calm down enough and get himself in the state of mind that he could express himself rationally.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments To answer your questions Pam... I think they thought he was nuts because he was off his meds. Had he been mentally stable and he still had and believed all his evidence, then they probably would have still gone after Rackley. But until then, getting Gordie on his meds was the most important thing at the time.

message 8: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 93 comments Gordie's suicide affected his friends deeply. Their way of honoring his memory was digging into the research he had started about but in doing so started scams of their own. If Gordie hadn't committed suicide his friends might not have gone after Hinds Rackley.