YA LGBT Books discussion

Book Related Banter > MM Coming of Age Novel - Orthodox Jewish and Muslim Charachters

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meyer (new)

Meyer | 14 comments A Meeting of Two Prophets is a coming of age novel which explores friendship, sexuality and Middle Eastern conflict from the perspective of two different orthodox religions.

The reason this project is unique is because it is written by an "insider" & explains many misunderstood concepts about the religions and the laws/customs these people are raised with.

As a young Muslim from Manchester and a young Hasidic guy from London meet in Jerusalem, an interesting story of friendship, love and attraction unfolds.

Key goals of the novel include:

- Revealing interesting aspects regarding both of these closed communities
- Offering insight into the "human interaction" with religion, rules and customs
- Exploring sexuality from a religious perspective
- Shedding light on the Israeli and Palestinian conflict and "insider" views and opinions on the what's happening
- Taking the reader into the lives and struggles of these two boys as they explore their feelings of love and attraction for each other

If this project is of interest to you please help to circulate this link (facebook, twitter, all such places really help!!):

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-...

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16467 comments This sounds fascinating. Congrats on the release.

message 3: by Meyer (new)

Meyer | 14 comments Not released yet, but on the way :)

Thanks for your comments.

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16467 comments Ah, good luck then. Working toward that first release is an exciting time. I hope it all goes great for you.

message 5: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle Jay (cheoljay) | 7 comments Sounds very interesting for sure. Good luck with everything :)

message 6: by Meyer (new)

Meyer | 14 comments Isabelle wrote: "Sounds very interesting for sure. Good luck with everything :)"

Thanks so much! Give me inspiration to hear people would be interested in the concept.

If you are able to pass that link around, I would like to spread the word a bit - only what you're comfortable doing of course.

message 7: by Pablito (new)

Pablito (pablito2772) | 9 comments The plot resonates with me as I have written a poem on that very subject years ago. I am very eager to read this work.

In would also like to recommend a film by the Cohen brothers called The Other Son. While neither of the sons is gay, the conflict deals with a meeting of the two religions/cultures in two families whose sons were accidentally swapped at birth.

Looking forward to reading your novel!

Meyer wrote: "A Meeting of Two Prophets is a coming of age novel which explores friendship, sexuality and Middle Eastern conflict from the perspective of two different orthodox religions.

The reason this projec..."

Meyer wrote: "A Meeting of Two Prophets is a coming of age novel which explores friendship, sexuality and Middle Eastern conflict from the perspective of two different orthodox religions.

Meyer wrote: "A Meeting of Two Prophets is a coming of age novel which explores friendship, sexuality and Middle Eastern
conflict from the perspective of two different orthodox religions.

message 8: by Meyer (new)

Meyer | 14 comments Pablito wrote: "The plot resonates with me as I have written a poem on that very subject years ago. I am very eager to read this work.

In would also like to recommend a film by the Cohen brothers called The Othe..."

Thanks for your message. Would love to read your poem!!

Please share the link around from my post if you are comfortable doing so