Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > Squeaky Clean (Hazardous Duty) by Christy Barritt

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2441 comments Mod
Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #1) by Christy Barritt On her way to completing a degree in forensic science, Gabby St. Claire dropped out of school and started her own crime scene cleaning business.

Other books in the series:
Suspicious Minds (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #2) by Christy Barritt It Came Upon a Midnight Crime (Squeaky Clean, #2.5) by Christy Barritt Organized Grime (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #3) by Christy Barritt Dirty Deeds (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #4) by Christy Barritt The Scum of All Fears (Squeaky Clean #5) by Christy Barritt To Love, Honor, and Perish (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #6) by Christy Barritt Mucky Streak (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #7) by Christy Barritt While You Were Sweeping (Riley Thomas) by Christy Barritt Foul Play (Squeaky Clean Mysteries, #8) by Christy Barritt Broom and Gloom (Squeaky Clean Mysteries, #9) by Christy Barritt Dust and Obey (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #10) by Christy Barritt Thrill Squeaker (Squeaky Clean Mystery #11) by Christy Barritt Swept Away A Squeaky Clean Honeymoon Novella (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #11.5) by Christy Barritt Cunning Attractions (Squeaky Clean Mysteries, #12) by Christy Barritt Clean Getaway (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #13) by Christy Barritt

message 2: by jaxnsmom (new)

I admit, I'm having trouble getting through this book. I'm a little over 20% through and want to kill several of the characters, including Gabby. It may be because I'm not feeling well, but Gabby's manner of thinking and speaking are getting on my nerves. Which is a shame because the book starts with a great first sentence, and I like the advertising jingles she's coming up with. I'm going to try and keep going, but it might be slow.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris I made it through this book. Different concept, some of the characters were likeable...the jingles had me laughing...the actual plot was just ok. Might try her 2nd one to see if the series is getting any better...

message 4: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 616 comments Book 1 doesn't do it for me to want to continue to Book 2.

message 5: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 15 comments The book has its flaws, but I rather liked it. Gabby was annoyingly stupid at times, but I continued to root for her. I probably will read the second book.

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen (helennn) | 579 comments I like the premise of the book. We had an Australian TV series featuring crime scene cleaners who were sleuths, which was lots of fun. However, Gabby totally lacked discernment with the two main male characters. Also, the Christian aspect became too obvious as the book went on.
At this stage, I'm not sure whether I'd look to read any more in the series.

message 7: by Nell (new)

Nell | 2661 comments Mod
I didn't get very far with this book. The description of a crime scene clean-up in the first couple of pages put me off. I wasn't in the mood for it. Maybe another time.

message 8: by jaxnsmom (new)

Helen wrote: "I like the premise of the book. We had an Australian TV series featuring crime scene cleaners who were sleuths, which was lots of fun. However, Gabby totally lacked discernment with the two main ma..."

I loved Mr. and Mrs. Murder! My library had it and I watched it all in one weekend.

I ended up not finishing the book. I just couldn't connect with it.