Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Fan Group discussion

The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
This topic is about The Secret of the Old Clock
Books of the Month > August 2018 - The Secret of the Old Clock

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Hello fellow Nancy Drew fans! This discussion is about The Secret of the Old Clock and your hostess will be Dlyn.

---

Information about Spoiler Alerts
Please note that our discussion can be about any and all aspects of the book: The theme, plot, story structure, characters, settings, etc. It is likely the discussion will contain spoilers from the start. If you have not finished the book, be careful not to read the posts of others until the end.

Feel free to use the spoiler formatting feature.

----

Summary
The Secret of the Old Clock is the mystery that began it all for America's favorite teenaged sleuth. The accidental rescue of a little girl who lives with her two great-aunts leads to an adventurous search for a missing will.

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments I should start this soon lol. I have the book :P. Still waiting to receive my copy of the Hardy Boys Book to start that too.

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Ana wrote: "I should start this soon lol. I have the book :P. Still waiting to receive my copy of the Hardy Boys Book to start that too."

Yay! So looking forward to discussing this with you. I just finished reading it actually and it was such a good introduction to the world of Nancy Drew. I liked Nancy was a little less put-together in it too. She was just starting out sleuthing so it made sense. I gave it 5 stars very happily! :)

I will read The Tower Treasure ASAP.

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments well i read it a few months ago lol. But I'll read it again and I look forward to reading The Tower Treasure when i get it :)

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Ana wrote: "well i read it a few months ago lol. But I'll read it again and I look forward to reading The Tower Treasure when i get it :)"

Awesomeeee! :)

Celsa DeJesus (thecelsa) | 2 comments Hi everyone! Super excited to be a part of the group! “The Secret of the Old Clock” is one of my faves! I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you!

message 7: by Palmgirl (new)

Palmgirl | 8 comments Hiii Celsa!

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Celsa wrote: "Hi everyone! Super excited to be a part of the group! “The Secret of the Old Clock” is one of my faves! I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you!"

It's so good isn't it?! I just re-read it last month and enjoyed it so much. Nancy is a crafty girl. I also love how she fights for the underdog. She really wanted to help Josiah's friends and family get what they were due!

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments So I started this book this morning so hoping to finish it tonight since I am home from work now. Its not long so I can probably do it as I am off tomorrow lol.

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments So didn't end up finishing last night but got time today to finish it so been working on that :)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments Still trying to finish this, i really should not have taken me so long but i keep getting interrupted. Ugh.

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments Done! I finished the book. I love Nancy. She is so smart and skilled! She handled that case very well! I love how she took the time to be there for the other characters and find all necessary information to help them out. How did everyone else feel about this first book?

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments I love this book! It is amazing just like all the other ones to come!!