Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Fan Group discussion

Nancy or The Hardy Boys??!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
If pressed to choose, do you prefer Nancy as a sleuth or Joe and Frank and why??! lol

message 2: by Lynn (last edited Jul 25, 2018 11:15AM) (new)

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
SHINE wrote: "Both!

Because I can't choose which one I like the best!"

I agree. They're all pretty amazing!!

message 3: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments I agree both for me as well. I have ordered the first Hardy Boys Book so hopefully I will get it in time to read. Well I ordered the first three, and I have the first Nancy Drew One, and the Third One, the second one should be arriving to me soon as well. This is an excuse for me to get the books now haha :P

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Ana wrote: "I agree both for me as well. I have ordered the first Hardy Boys Book so hopefully I will get it in time to read. Well I ordered the first three, and I have the first Nancy Drew One, and the Third ..."

Hey Ana! I am so glad you got some new books. YAY. I hope we can discuss them in this group. It will be so much fun :) Welcome.

message 5: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments Im looking forwards to it :). It will be fun!

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 19 comments Mod
Ana wrote: "Im looking forwards to it :). It will be fun!"

How are you, my friend?!

message 7: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments I am good. I hope you've been well. I've been busy with work but I am dying to read something lol. I got my copies of books 2,3 & 4 of Nancy Drew but the 4th one was a UK Paperback edition and it is marked as #74 I hope its the same book lol, the title on the front is the same though.

message 8: by Palmgirl (new)

Palmgirl | 8 comments I definitely choose both. I originally started with Nancy and her friends and then discovered the Hardy's...they are both super awesome. I even like the PC games they created. I wish the Hardy Boys had more of those.It's amazing how long these series have been around

message 9: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments OMG so I was like okay I don't have the first Hardy Boys Book so let's order it. I ordered it, paid for it. It arrived yesterday which was great...until I looked on my bookshelf and saw I HAD it already ! *Smacks Forehead*...and This Is why my 3 year old nephew calls me a "Silly Girl"

message 10: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments Wow so hopefully I'm the only one who never knew this but our beloved Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys weren't even written by different people. Franklin W Dixon and Carolyn Keene are the pen names of The Stratemeyer Syndicate, a group. 😳

message 11: by Palmgirl (new)

Palmgirl | 8 comments Yea, I was shocked when I first learned about that.

message 12: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments I just can't wrap my head around that . 😧

message 13: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 22 comments So went into the store 5 Below today and they had some Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Books, the hardcover kind for 5 dollars each. But they were ones I already had.

message 14: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments Hey, I'm new to the group! I'm Addie and I LOVE Nancy Drew and have read many of them! I want to get in to Hardy Boys so I thought this group would be good for me. Some things about me, I am a horse crazy tomboy, I love Jesus and I love mystery and non-fantasy books! I am excited to get reading with you guys!!

message 15: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (beastmode08) | 14 comments Dylandog08 here! I have read all the Hardy Boys books except #8 and #9 in the casefiles series! I am more of a Hardy Boys fan than Nancy Drew but the Drew books are not bad. But Honestly, I like Hardy Boys better!

P.S. A little about me: I'm a christian (prespyterian) , sport lover, horse, goat, sheep owner and shower! I read ALOT of books!

message 16: by Catie (new)

Catie  Ewing  (bookcatgirl) | 19 comments They're both great books, but Nancy is a better sleuth than the boys.

message 17: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments Oh yeah, now you're speaking my language! Hi Dylan and Catie! I am so excited to be in a group with you guys! (I know them)

message 18: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (beastmode08) | 14 comments Hey, don't get so cocky! Do you know house many times that the Hardy Boys have fought there way out of trouble!?!? Alot, (almost every other chapter!) And Nancy has had to wait for help? But i love both the series regardless.

message 19: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments What are you talking about? I could name MANY books where she gets herself out of trouble in time to save the day!! She usually only needs to get herself out of trouble one or two times in a book! That says that she can KEEP herself out of trouble! I'll see how well I like the Hardy Boys but for now, Nancy Drew reigns in my book!!

message 20: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments As the rest of you can see, Dylan and I have squabbles sometimes!!!

message 21: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (beastmode08) | 14 comments @Everybody: what do you guys think About the very first book of both the series I actually like the first Nancy Drew book better! :o

message 22: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments I actually haven't read the first Hardy Boys book but I love the first Nancy Drew book!

message 23: by Catie (new)

Catie  Ewing  (bookcatgirl) | 19 comments I havn't read the REAL series, but I've read some HARDY BOYS case files.

message 24: by Catie (new)

Catie  Ewing  (bookcatgirl) | 19 comments Also yes, Nancy can keep herself out of trouble, the boys get themselves into it.

message 25: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (beastmode08) | 14 comments Yeah, you do have me there!

message 26: by Catie (new)

Catie  Ewing  (bookcatgirl) | 19 comments (Sweetly) Don't worry all boys get themselves into trouble!

message 27: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (beastmode08) | 14 comments Har Har Har. :)

message 28: by bookish brooke (new)

bookish brooke (thebookishbrooke) Dlyn wrote: "If pressed to choose, do you prefer Nancy as a sleuth or Joe and Frank and why??! lol"

They are both amazing series, however I believe I am more partial to Nancy Drew at this present moment since I am re-reading the entire series once again. We'll see how I feel after I read the Hardy Boys as well. ;)

message 29: by Catie (new)

Catie  Ewing  (bookcatgirl) | 19 comments Nancy Drew is my favorite, but I do like the way the Hardy Boys work together! It shows siblings working together, and we need more of that in today's world

message 30: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments I second that!

message 31: by Reader007 (new)

Reader007 | 2 comments It's Nancy for me. I could never get into the HB.... didn't like the TV show much. Maybe I'll try again to read them. Maybe it's the girl power!❤

message 32: by Addison (new)

Addison (addieemm) | 25 comments That it right on! Any girl power involved makes a story 100 times better!

message 33: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 5 comments Love both, but the hardy boys a trifle bit more

message 34: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Peters | 1 comments I’m beginning the Hardy Boys and it’s the first book. I like it!!!!
I’m also reading Nancy Drew.

message 35: by ClaraBelle (last edited Jul 16, 2020 01:18PM) (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 5 comments Vicki wrote: "I’m beginning the Hardy Boys and it’s the first book. I like it!!!!
I’m also reading Nancy Drew."

Love them both! But the HB series is my favorite! And the first HB book is my favorite!

message 36: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 5 comments Reader007 wrote: "It's Nancy for me. I could never get into the HB.... didn't like the TV show much. Maybe I'll try again to read them. Maybe it's the girl power!❤"

There was a HB Tv show?!

Bargain Sleuth Book Reviews (bargainsleuth) | 1 comments There was a HB Tv show?!"

There were actually 3 Hardy Boys TV shows. One was part of the Mickey Mouse Club in the 1950's, the 1970's Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Mysteries, and the 1990's Hardy Boys (I think it was a Canadian production)

message 38: by ClaraBelle (new)

ClaraBelle (elsiecorriedale) | 5 comments Bargain Sleuth Book Reviews wrote: "There was a HB Tv show?!"

There were actually 3 Hardy Boys TV shows. One was part of the Mickey Mouse Club in the 1950's, the 1970's Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Mysteries, and the 1990's Hardy B..."

Ok wonderful, thank you