What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book dealing with incarcerated juveniles (Fiction, mystery or thriller most likely). Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 8 comments I'm trying to remember a book, most likely from the last decade, A boy, teenage I believe, is sent to a juvenile detention facility. It is his first time there, but he is befriended by someone who was there before -- a fat kid.
While there candy and other little presents start appearing under the protagonist's pillow and his friend tells him to return them to the giver. We found out the fat kid is raped and sexually abused by the givers, including one of the guards. I distinctly remember a scene where the protagonist sees the group of them with the fat kid in the shower. I think the fat kids ends up being killer or killing himself by eating batteries.

This might take place in Missouri.

Thanks if you can help

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16048 comments Still looking, Daniel?

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 8 comments now that you reminded me of this thread, yes. It might have been Iron House by John Hart, but I'm not positive

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16048 comments Iron House apparently has a character named Hennessey who is killed with a rusty blade in a shower, if that sounds familiar.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Aug 05, 2020 09:04AM) (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Iron House by John Hart:

https://books.google.com/books?id=c0J... There are different cover images.

I added a spoiler alert to the topic header.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Iron House (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Hart (other topics)