The Joy Of Travel discussion

New York

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tabascosauce (new)

tabascosauce (twicebakedsmallpotatoes) I'm going to NY for a week, in two days, for a wedding. Anything really important to remember? I'm not going to NYC, except maybe a day or two in there, but I'll mostly be in the mountains.

And also I'm a Red Sox fan, if that's important. ;)

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments I hope you have fun at the wedding!

message 3: by tabascosauce (new)

tabascosauce (twicebakedsmallpotatoes) tysm! Me too :)

message 4: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 66 comments Mod
I've never been to New York, so I can't give you any advice, sorry :/
Enjoy the wedding!!

message 5: by Derek (new)

Derek | 18 comments Most important thing to remember:
Be very, very careful about where you pull out your phone (never in the middle of an intersection or sketchy neighborhood).

Yell at people in the street, and you'll fit right in.

message 6: by tabascosauce (new)

tabascosauce (twicebakedsmallpotatoes) lol that made me laugh 😂😂 I'll make sure to remember the phone thing - thank you!

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments Make sure to go to main tourist spots. That's what my mom said when she came back.

Go shopping too! They have really cute stuff!!! Not that I would know because I've never been Ive just seen pics.

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 25 comments twice_baked✌️ wrote: "I'm going to NY for a week, in two days, for a wedding. Anything really important to remember? I'm not going to NYC, except maybe a day or two in there, but I'll mostly be in the mountains.

And al..."

Adirondacks or Catskills?

message 9: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Neiher

message 10: by tabascosauce (last edited Aug 01, 2018 06:37PM) (new)

tabascosauce (twicebakedsmallpotatoes) Thomas wrote: "twice_baked✌️ wrote: "I'm going to NY for a week, in two days, for a wedding. Anything really important to remember? I'm not going to NYC, except maybe a day or two in there, but I'll mostly be in ..."

Catskills! I'll post some pictures and/or videos if I get the chance. :) It was very pretty.

And I would have gone to the tourist-y places, Amy, but like I said, I was only there for the wedding and it wasn't anywhere near NYC. But thanks for the tip! If I ever go back, I'll make sure to do that!

And man there were a LOT of tolls - pro tip: if you're going there any time soon, buy an E-ZPass!! It was so so so helpful because we didn't even stop, we just slowed down and we hit like fifteen tolls on the way there, and fifteen back. :o It makes travelling sm faster. ;)

message 12: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Hi Amy.