What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA mystery-ish novel kind of involving MC's missing brother (from some time ago) and an androgynous other character that is very pale and that townspeople suspect of committing some kind of crime. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (last edited Jul 23, 2018 09:42PM) (new)

Caroline | 1 comments Hello,
Sorry I can't remember better details, but then google might be able to help me. I think I read this book somewhere between 2007 and 2014. I also think it was pretty new when I read it. Probably closer to the middle between those. For some reason I thought the title was Frostfire or Frost something, but googling that got me nowhere with fantasy novels and whatnot. Unfortunately, I don't even recall the major major thread of the story, but I think it involved MC's friend (MC was a girl, btw). A big point of the story was that MC's brother had gone missing years ago. SPOILERS AHEAD. At the end of the book, they discover that the brother had drowned himself in the lake. Rocks in his pocket. I think he drove his car in? Throughout the novel, MC interacts with a mysterious newcomer to town who is beautiful and fairly androgynous, though I believe she refers to him as a boy for most of it. Eventually it is revealed he/they are neither, no genitalia at all. That character was described as being incredibly pale with white hair and eyelashes. Several other characters warn her to stay away from them/him, because they believe he/they are involved in some unsolved crimes (though that was untrue). There was a lot of mystery going on. I think the cover was blue and white with an artistic rendering of winter trees and snow on the ground. I think the whole story took place in winter with snow. It has been forever since I read this book and I don't remember much, despite how unusual it was. I'd like to find it again so I can remember what all happened. Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

message 2: by Georgeana (last edited Jul 24, 2018 10:56AM) (new)

Georgeana | 26 comments Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler? I've read this book and I remember most of those details being in this book.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39882 comments Mod
Caroline, are you still looking for this or did you find it?