Play Book Tag discussion

Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2)
This topic is about Gathering Blue
July 2018: Dystopian > Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) – Lois Lowry - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1116 comments I liked this better than The Giver. I just found this MC, Kira, easier to connect with than Jonas. The story is set several generations after an apocalyptic natural disaster. When Kira's mother dies, leaving her a crippled orphan, jealous women scheme to get her small plot and cottage. But Kira has a gift for threading and is saved from death by the Council of Guardians. She is given housing and food in exchange for her skills. As she adjusts she meets a carver and a singer, also orphaned. There seems to be something disturbing about their situation, but only when she makes another discovery does she understand what is happening. Interesting premise. Interested in reading Matt's story.

Magdalena | 414 comments So many people reading this besides me! Too bad we didn't do a buddy read.

I agree about it being easier to connect to Kira although I'm pretty sure I still gave The Giver 5 stars. I can't remember now since I read it so long ago.

I just finished Matt's story yesterday, I'll write a review in the next few days. I didn't like it nearly as much as the other two but I still got Son and plan to finish it by the end of the month.