YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Knock On Wood [M] - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 155 (155 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Aug 16, 2018 02:23PM) (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Team Knock On Wood:
✔ Ritika
✔ Natalie
✔ Tati
✔ Julianne
✔ Francia
✔ Vanessa

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Team Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Please check in before August 1st :)

Boards:
#1. (69) Angelfall by Susan Ee
#2. (14) Looking for Alaska by John Green
#3. (91) The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
#4. (40) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
#5. (96) The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Does anyone have any books planned for August so far? c:

message 3: by Francia (new)

Francia | 6 comments Hi yeah I’m ready. I was planning on reading the Throne of Glass series, as well as all of Renee Ahdeih’s books (the ones I have left), the Illuminae series and then whatever stand alone books seem interesting.

message 4: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Hi!

And no, I have nothing planned for August. I can't really plan that far ahead because of all the challenges I'm doing at the moment

message 5: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Hi guys! Just checking in!

message 6: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Howdy, everyone! Checking in. =)

Here are the books I plan to read in August:
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3) by Elise Kova Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

And these are the one that I don't have any buddy reads for if anyone is interested in reading any of them with me in August:

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3) by Elise Kova The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Francia wrote: "Hi yeah I’m ready. I was planning on reading the Throne of Glass series, as well as all of Renee Ahdeih’s books (the ones I have left), the Illuminae series and then whatever stand alone books seem..."

Ooh... which Renee Ahdieh books? I still need to read The Wrath and the Dawn series so if you're after a BR for that... 8'D

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Tati wrote: "Hi!

And no, I have nothing planned for August. I can't really plan that far ahead because of all the challenges I'm doing at the moment"

Completely fair! I have so many books I'm trying to read for July and I just seem to have fallen completely behind XD;;

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Checking in!!

I Don't have any BRs YET but I am interested in the following

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2) by Claudia Gray Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

@Vanessa I could possibly BR The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima with you, I just have to check the date I read it. One of my favorite series. and I would love to read The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa its been on my TBR forever!!

@Natalie would you want to continue our series BR of the Gold Seer trilogy?

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments @Julianne definitely keen to continue with the Gold Seer trilogy! :D

(also, you're going to LOVE Gemina. It's so gooooooood <33)

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Added the details of our first three boards to the top post, along with which letters we need for each c:

message 12: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments @Julianne - That would be great for The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima ! Just let me know. =)

When would you like to read The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa ? I am pretty open for anything after the second week of the month. All of my buddy reads right now are between the 1st and the 5th, so anything after that works for me. Or we can start a thread earlier and I can catch up. Either way works. =)

message 13: by Natalie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:41PM) (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments I'm going to create a spreadsheet probably tonight or tomorrow sometime to keep better track of things c:

Edit: Basic spreadsheet created, and link added to first post.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

@Vanessa for Iron King how about the 10th?

@Natalie I am SOOO excited for Gemina!! hopefully I can find a BR for it. When are you open to continue Gold Seer trilogy? The only BR i have right now is with Vanessa lmao

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments @Julianne I'm good to start whenever tbh XD I don't have any planned start dates for August BRs at this stage so whenever works for you would work for me! 8'D

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Want to try for the 1st then Natalie?

message 17: by Francia (new)

Francia | 6 comments Natalie wrote: "Francia wrote: "Hi yeah I’m ready. I was planning on reading the Throne of Glass series, as well as all of Renee Ahdeih’s books (the ones I have left), the Illuminae series and then whatever stand ..."

hi yeah i've already read the first one for the wrath and the dawn series if you want to buddy read the others I'd be down

message 18: by Francia (new)

Francia | 6 comments Julianne wrote: "Checking in!!

I Don't have any BRs YET but I am interested in the following

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie KaufmanEvernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia GrayDefy the Worlds (Constellation, #2) by Claudia Gray[bookcover:Flamecaster|232..."

Hey I would be interested in reading the evernight series with you

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Julianne wrote: "Want to try for the 1st then Natalie?"

Sounds good to me! :D

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments @Julianne - The 10th for The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa is fine with me. =)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

@Francia Awesome! When would you want to start it? I only have a couple of BRs set up so I'm pretty much free

message 22: by Francia (new)

Francia | 6 comments @julianne i guess as soon as you can cause i can start whenever

message 23: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Whew, now I can start reading for this :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

@Francia lets start the 5th!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Halfway through Gemina. Woohoo!

Also decided to start Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer for the 'F'

message 26: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Howdy, all! Just checking in. I am currently reading three books and I shall finish 1-2 of them within the next few days. =)

message 27: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments I finished one book, but it fits only in the second board as things stand

message 28: by Ritika (last edited Aug 04, 2018 05:40AM) (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments I have two books finished, I will be updating soon on the review board!

message 29: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Also, Natalie, would you minds that I take the 'L' spot, because I'm already finished with my book, you can take 'L' in the next one, so we can get through this board faster!
I hope you don't mind!

message 30: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I finished reading The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson and posted a review. Sadly, I can only claim points on it and not a letter since I started it in July.

message 31: by Francia (new)

Francia | 6 comments Alright I’m currently reading three books and should be done with them in a couple of days

@julianne I’ve never done a buddy read like this so I mean I’m ready to start reading just don’t know how to go on

message 32: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ritika wrote: "Also, Natalie, would you minds that I take the 'L' spot, because I'm already finished with my book, you can take 'L' in the next one, so we can get through this board faster!
I hope you don't mind!"

I don't mind at all! Thanks for letting me know c:

message 33: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments About 3/4 through my current book Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden and hoping to start my next one soon c:

Finished Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young earlier and luckily can count it for the month! I only read a chapter in July and as per Sarah's advice I can count it if I reread the first chapter (which I've now done so ;D). I've popped it onto the second board for now c:

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

@Francia Okay! have you not done a buddy read in our group at all? I havent requested the thread for the book yet because I've been busier than I thought I'd be. But All we do is write our thoughts about the book in the thread. You have to have a minimum of 4 updates for the book in the thread. Its fun!

And I havent finished anything yet becuase I ended up going into work when I was supposed to have the days off x.x But ill work on my books tomorrow

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments You'll get there Julianne! I'm only a little through our BR for Like a River Glorious so you won't have much catching up to do there ;D

Currently working on:
Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2) by Rae Carson The Dead of Night (Tomorrow, #2) by John Marsden

Also contemplating starting this series,
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) by Emily Rodda
because they're short, I haven't read them since I was a kid, and we could get a LOT of letters out of them (plus, they'd work really well for the solo "What's in a Name" challenge ;D). Anyone want to BR with me? c:

message 36: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I finished up A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab and posted my review. =)

message 37: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Finished The Dead of Night (Tomorrow, #2) by John Marsden , still working on Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2) by Rae Carson , and started The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) by Emily Rodda A Killing Frost (Tomorrow, #3) by John Marsden

message 38: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I finished The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan and updated the spreadsheet for the next board. I will post my review once we finish the first board. =)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished Gemina. Posting review and updating spreadsheet

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

reading the duff : designated ugly fat friend for a quicker read on a U. we can always change things around later right?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished The Duff! Working on Like A River Glorious and Evernight now!

message 42: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Whoot! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Like a River Glorious (still going through it myself ;D)

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Finished The Forests of Silence and probably a 1/3 of the way through Like a River Glorious c:

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments @Julianne I just realised that we might not be able to use The DUFF for U as the word beginning with U isn't until AFTER the ":"!! D:

message 45: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Guys we're at the top now! Let's make sure we sat there ! YAYYAY

message 46: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Also guys, the letters left for the first board are "N", "A", and maybe U if DUFF isn't counted, so if anyone other than the person who has it on the spreadsheet but hasn't finished yet, has another book finished and ready to go, let's just post it so we can get to the second board faster?

message 47: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments we have both an N and A ready to go

message 48: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Aug 09, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments I am currently reading The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken for the A spot on the first board, but if someone finished an A before me then I will just move mine to the last board's A spot.

I also finished The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater today and added it to the last board. I will post my review once we get to that board. =)

message 49: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments our main issue right now is the U. We have to figure out if DUFF will work for it or not.

message 50: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments We still need to find a U book. The DUFF won't work for that.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.