Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > September 2018 Sub-Genre Nominations (courtroom/legal)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1290 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers,

Nominations for our September sub-genre of courtroom/legal book discussion are now open. To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guidelines:

📌AUTHORS please note: We DO NOT accept nominations of your own work. Please see our Author Guidelines for more information. You are, however, welcome to participate in the nomination (of another author's work), polling, and book discussions in general.

📌Only members who have actively participated in prior book discussions will be permitted to nominate books for the following month. If you have recently joined the group, please do participate in the current month's discussion so you qualify as a valid nominator. A more thorough explanation can be found here.

✔️ You may nominate one (1) book. PLEASE NOTE: By entering a nomination you are agreeing to act as our Book Discussion Leader for that book if it wins. Don't worry it is neither difficult nor time-consuming and the moderators are here to help in the event that you need a hand.

✔️ Your nomination should be in the crime, mystery, or thriller sub-genres of courtroom/legal.

✔️A book is only eligible if it is available in paperback and digital formats in the US/Canada and UK/Australia. We recently discovered that many books are released in the UK/Australia months before they are released in the US/Canada. Please understand we are trying to give all our members the opportunity to participate in our book discussions. We don't want to exclude a significant portion of our members because they do not have availability to the book nominated.

✔️ You may nominate any book that is in a series, it does not have to be the first book.

✔️ To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when you nominate your selection.

✔️ Post your nomination as a comment in this discussion. Do not notify the moderators of your selection by way of a private message, if you do you run the risk of your book not being included in the poll.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or send me a private message directly.

The nomination period will close on Sunday, July 29th at approximately 7:oo pm MST (GMT/UTC −07:00).

Polling will begin on Wednesday, August 1.

Thank you and happy reading!

message 2: by Jamie, Moderator (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 157 comments Mod
I would like to nominate Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

Berendt skillfully interweaves a hugely entertaining first-person account of life in this isolated remnant of the Old South with the unpredictable twists and turns of a landmark murder case.

message 3: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Jamie wrote: "I would like to nominate Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil."

Good one Jamie! That's been on my tbr list for a long time.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments Gem, I can't find the sub genre link.

message 5: by Robert (last edited Jul 28, 2018 04:07PM) (new)

Robert Davis (robert_davis) Skye wrote: "Gem, I can't find the sub genre link."

Here is the sub genre link:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Christine (new)

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments Robert wrote: "Skye wrote: "Gem, I can't find the sub genre link."

Here is the sub genre link:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Thanks, Robert!

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connellt

message 9: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

I nominate The Simple Truth by David Baldacci.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Sousa | 16 comments There are so many excellent legal thrillers! I would like to nominate Defending Jacob by William Landay Defending Jacob by William Landay.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.