Play Book Tag discussion

The Power
This topic is about The Power
July 2018: Dystopian > The Power - Naomi Alderman - 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments The Power is not a good book or story. The story is predictable, the characters are linear, the politics are quick and elementary. The writing is peculiar but in a way that saves the book.

The social issues and discussion possible from this book are extraordinary.

Women have developed, or redeveloped an ability to harness and use electromagnetic power. The tides of power start to shift from men to women. How do they use the power? How do men react to this change? How does a different future look?

Susie | 4488 comments I’m sorry you didn’t like it more. As you know, I loved it, every minute. I listened to the audio which was very well done.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8519 comments This one seemed polarizing. Lots of raves, and lots of folks who felt the opposite. I had a feeling from the promise that I wouldn’t necessarily like it so I didn’t even try.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I almost felt guilty not liking this book but it didn't get any better as I read it. In fact the deeper I got into the book the more I didn't like this. I imagined myself in one of my Women's Studies classes when I was in college and being the only one not to like this book. It seems so far that within out buddy group no one is really liking this book.