Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Gothic romance...

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I've read several including Flesh and the devil, but does anyone have any other suggestions??

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Nothing quite tops The Flesh and the Devil, but Stormfire and Lemonade come close.

message 3: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments Lemonade is my favorite book!!

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Mine too!! Well, except for A Lady's Pleasure. I forgot Wild Sweet Witch, which rivals Stormfire.

message 5: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments Haven’t read either of those! Will check them out!

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments A Lady's Pleasure actually brings me to tears. It's amazing.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments There are several books titled “A Lady’s Pleasure.”

Who is the author of the one discussed here?

message 8: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I saw that too- was trying to figure it out. They all look good though :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Just ordered Wild Sweet Witch.

That looks really good.

message 10: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Robin Schone. Here is a link to a free copy.

https://100-vampire-novels.com/pdf-no...

message 11: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Oh, don't use the download it read online links. Use the numbers to go to the next page.

message 12: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Wild Sweet Witch is good. Shall I link you to an online copy?

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Caroline wrote: "Wild Sweet Witch is good. Shall I link you to an online copy?"

Yes, please do!

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 200 comments Thanks so much.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 200 comments Would you have any books by Janet Louise Roberts?

message 17: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments No. :(

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Thanks Caroline!

I’m excited about this book.

It looks like a wild ride!

message 19: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments A Lady's Pleasure is the best one. All the books by Robin Schone are magnificent, except for one that's about time travel. That one is awful.

Wild Sweet Witch rivals Stormfire in my opinion and in some ways, it exceeds it.

message 20: by Gurl (new)

Gurl (gurl888) | 62 comments If it is Robin Schone it should be very good have read 3 of her books and they are tres sexy and she is also just a darn good writer

message 21: by Gurl (new)

Gurl (gurl888) | 62 comments Ha, I bet you are referring to Awaken My Love, that got pretty chaotic towards the end

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel (bookhorder) | 200 comments A Lady's Pleasure is very good but could not get into her other ones, myself, might have another go.

message 23: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I'm trying to get into A Lady's Pleasure, but I guess I'm not used to novella reads because everything is happening really quickly....and I'm a little thrown off. Going to finish it though and give a review based on the whole book.

message 24: by Caroline (last edited Jul 27, 2018 09:02AM) (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments In A Lady's Pleasure, things do happen quickly. It's as if both characters have had desires or needs simmering inside them for years and the storm allows them both an unexpected chance to explore them. It's as if fate brought them together, her saying goodbye to her dreams and him desperate to forget his memories of death before they kill him. I was spellbound.

message 25: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I'm definitely not giving up on it! I think it's just different from what I am used to reading. A slow simmer usually happens in the books I read....this one is like, "WHAM BAM!" No complaints, just different!

message 26: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Eliza wrote: "I'm definitely not giving up on it! I think it's just different from what I am used to reading. A slow simmer usually happens in the books I read....this one is like, "WHAM BAM!" No complaints, jus..."

It's not a long book, so it shouldn't be too extreme. I think I identify with each character's despair, loss of hope and the beauty they find together. It makes me cry and I admit it.

message 27: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I wonder why Nina's book Capitan Swing hasnt been translated. Not sure what it's even about, but I want to read it!

message 28: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments I asked her why it wouldn't be translated and all she said was that she had no plans for it.

message 29: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Oh, and if you like slow burns, you should try The Lady's Tutor. I was practically holding my breath the entire book!

message 30: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments Anyone else having trouble with the Dropbox link? I’ve never used this before. It says it’s downloaded into my Dropbox but it’s invalid when I try to open it.....any suggestions?

message 31: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouif7u0wes8...

Hmmm...let me check something.

message 32: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Eliza wrote: "Anyone else having trouble with the Dropbox link? I’ve never used this before. It says it’s downloaded into my Dropbox but it’s invalid when I try to open it.....any suggestions?"

The link above works for me.

message 33: by Andrea AKA Catsos Person (last edited Jul 29, 2018 07:48PM) (new)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments The original link worked for me. The book is in my Dropbox account.

I’m going to convert it to mobi and move it to Drive.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Eliza wrote: "Anyone else having trouble with the Dropbox link? I’ve never used this before. It says it’s downloaded into my Dropbox but it’s invalid when I try to open it.....any suggestions?"

Eliza,

You can’t open it in Dropbox. You have to open in a ePub reader app or device or convert to mobi to read on a Kindle or kindle app.

message 35: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Okay. I'm glad that it works for you guys. It's an awesome book!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Caroline wrote: "Okay. I'm glad that it works for you guys. It's an awesome book!"

I’m really looking forward to it, but can’t read this month.

Thank you for sharing it!

message 37: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments I can't even imagine a day going by without reading. One day I am actually going to have to try and catalog all the books I've read for bragging rights or something.

message 38: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments Well, crap. I give up- it wont work in epub either!

I'll look other places for a copy.

Caroline- I agree. Sometimes I can burn myself out, but within a few days I find myself on the hunt for another read. I'm convinced I'll burn through every book or burn myself out completely, but it hasn't happened yet!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Eliza,

In order to open from Dropbox, select “export” then select the app to read it in and it will open in thecePub reader app.

message 40: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolineadair) | 116 comments Eliza wrote: "Well, crap. I give up- it wont work in epub either!

I'll look other places for a copy.

Caroline- I agree. Sometimes I can burn myself out, but within a few days I find myself on the hunt for ano..."

I joined this site because I was having a hard time finding books that I haven't read. I needed FOOD for my Kindle. I also never thought I would love a Kindle as much as I do. Now, it's my saving grace. I don't have to wait for my book to ship, search for them in stores or find room to keep them all. It's beautiful!

message 41: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 213 comments I got it! I sent the link to my gmail and then exported it to ePub! Between my 2 year old, 5 year old and husband, not sure when I’ll start, but hopefully this weekend!

message 42: by Gurl (new)

Gurl (gurl888) | 62 comments Caroline catalog in goodreads so we can all see and get next reads ideas

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments Gurl wrote: "Caroline catalog in goodreads so we can all see and get next reads ideas"

The book is cataloged in GR.

message 44: by Anne (new)

Anne | 3 comments The link says the file does not exist here anymore. Can anybody help please?