YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Horseshoe (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 186 (186 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jul 28, 2018 02:29PM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83061 comments Mod
Team Horseshoe:
Faith ✔
Kelli ✔
Nikki
Janor ✔
Lisa ✔
Shantavia ✔
Jessie
Cori
Devan
Kanitta ✔
Vivi ✔
Amanda ✔

Please let us know that you are ready to go by commenting here before August 1st ☺

Team Reviews - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 1171 comments Hi team! ^_^

Adding Devan to your team ☺

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith M ✨ (faithm99) 😊 excited to do this. Sounds like the most unique challenge

message 5: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 1171 comments I agree, Faith. I’m excited as well.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments Helloooooo Team :D
We will rock this :D

Adding Kanitta to your team ☺

message 8: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Hi everyone!! Excited to start this challenge - sounds like a fun one! :)

Adding Vivi to your team ☺

message 10: by Vivi (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:34AM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Hi team! :)

Any idea of what you wanna read in August?!

message 11: by Vivi (last edited Aug 07, 2018 09:42AM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments So, for our 1ST BOARD - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz - we need to complete 19 letters/books, right?!

1. A (6x) - All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- FAITH
2. r (5x) - The lost Hero by Rick Riordan - SHANTAVIA
3. i (5x) - If I was your girl by Meredith Russo - KANITTA
4. s (6x) - Unbound by Victoria Schwab - JANOR
5. t (6x) - Thunderhead by Neal Schusterman - FAITH
6. o (3x) - The Son of Neptune - SHANTAVIA
7. l (2x) - Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead - KELLI
8. e (12x) - Sinful Secrets by Cynthia Eden - NIKKI
9. n (6x) - Uprooted by Naomi Novik - LISA
10. d (2x) - Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller - JANOR
11. c (2x) - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - JANOR
12. v (1x) - Unbound by Victoria Schwab - LISA
13. h (2x) - Suicide Club by Rachel Heng - FAITH
14. f (1x) - White is For Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz - KELLI
15. U (1x) - Uprooted by Naomi Novik - JANOR
16. B (1x) - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - KELLI
17. j (1x) -
18. m (1x) - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - LISA
19. z (1x) - The Boy Who Fell to Earth by A. Zukowski - VIVI

Wow, that's crazy...Let's work hard Team 💪🙂

More Planned Books:

1. Her Bodyguard by Sabrina Paige - H, B, S or P (Vivi).

Here's the link to the Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 12: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 1171 comments Ooh that is crazy. So should everyone pick a letter, so we can make sure we don’t have any repeats?

message 13: by Vivi (last edited Jul 24, 2018 10:04AM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Shantavia wrote: "Ooh that is crazy. So should everyone pick a letter, so we can make sure we don’t have any repeats?"

I'm thinking we should just say which books we have decided to read...to see which letters we can fit?!...

Then, decide on a letter And I can add the books above. (on message 11)

Or... Do we need a spreadsheet?!

For example:
I know I'll be reading rock by Anyta Sunday. I can use that for R, A or S.

What are you guys planning to read?

message 14: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 1171 comments I don’t thunk we need a spreadsheet. Once we learn what everyone is reading then we can figure out who used what letter and just put their name next to the letter in the post you made.

message 15: by Shantavia (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:52AM) (new)

Shantavia | 1171 comments I’ll be reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. So I can use T, L, H, or R.

message 16: by Vivi (last edited Jul 24, 2018 09:57AM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Shantavia wrote: "I don’t thunk we need a spreadsheet. Once we learn what everyone is reading then we can figure out who used what letter and just put their name next to the letter in the post you made."

I agree, let's just wait for the other teammates books, so we can start picking letters.

message 17: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments We seriously need a book for E (it appears 12 times in our board! Imagine the points! 😀)

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments I intend to read: They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera - there we would get our E 😁

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments I am a mood reader so i cant really say what else i will read but lets see... i'd like to also read: The Unbound by Victoria Schwab, Falling Kingdoms and Uprooted by Naomi Novik. Anyone want to join me?

message 20: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Lisa wrote: "I am a mood reader so i cant really say what else i will read but lets see... i'd like to also read: The Unbound by Victoria Schwab, Falling Kingdoms and Uprooted by Naomi Novik. Anyone want to joi..."

I'll add your book They Both Die At The End by Adam Silveira, to our list, on message 11.

Just let us know when you decide to read a book (or when you pick it up), so that we'll know which letters are still free to take, okay?!

message 21: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I’m definitely going to be reading Last Sacrifice - the last book in the Vampire Academy series. Not sure if I’ll squeeze it in yet in July or hold off until August. I’ll let you all know for sure what I decide ☺️😉

message 22: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard Ready

message 23: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard On the Planned Books the one that suits my likings the most I see is rock

message 24: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard I can read rock by Anyta Sunday because that books sounds like something I will enjoy and if you guys need to read a really good of those kinds of books, read Simon verses the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. It is one of my favorite all time books

message 25: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard I’ll read rock by Anyta Sunday. A book I recommend to read that is similar to it is Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. One of my favorite all time books I’ve read

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @kanitta: if you like simon vs. You should read leah on the offbeat and the upside of unrequited by becky albertalli 😁

message 27: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Kanitta wrote: "On the Planned Books the one that suits my likings the most I see is rock"

Kanitta, you can read anything you like. It doesn't have to be one of the books in "planned books". That is just books other teammates already decided they will be reading in August.

You can read any book you want, as long as it fits the letters we need for our board (see message 11).

But, if you really do wanna read rock by anyta Sunday... I'm the one who'll be reading it, so we can always Buddy Read, if you want.

message 28: by Vivi (last edited Jul 25, 2018 01:03AM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments @Kanitta,
Also, if you like M/M Romance I'd recommend reading That Alien Feeling and That Irresistible Poison (they're a bit different, but so good!) and True Colors (by Anyta Sunday, the author of Rock) and Love Me Whole (a very unique and special book) and the Gives Light series (the sweetest M/M Romance you'll ever read... And a all time favorite of mine).

message 29: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments Hey everyone!
Checking in :)
Not exactly sure what I'll be reading... I was planning on starting with the Night Circus.
Oh and Lisa, I would like to join in with the Unbound and Uprooted!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Kanitta: M/M suggestions: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1) by Mackenzi Lee Carry On (Simon Snow, #1) by Rainbow Rowell :)

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Janor: hi :) didn't see that we are in the same group :) Awesome, i just finished The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab so, do you want to start with The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab or Uprooted by Naomi Novik ? Or do you want to start with Night Circus?

message 32: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard It looks like I’ll do If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

message 33: by Kanitta (new)

Kanitta Conard I can’t wait to win for fun with you guys, thanks for being such a nice sweet group to join in❤️ now I have more people to create more book connections with💞💗

message 34: by Faith (new)

Faith M ✨ (faithm99) I'm reading Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman, Suicide Club by Rachel Heng, Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. Idk what letters that'd fit (I think we do need a spreadsheet so we don't get confused lol)

Question, though: do we have to read the board book? I've never read Aristotle and I'm not really intending on reading it (I'm not a huge fan of contemporary so I'm picky in that genre, and the plot isn't super intriguing to me, though I've heard it's good—just not my thing.)

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Kanitta: that's so sweet of you :) I'm sure we will have a great time :)

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1990 comments @Faith: No, we dont have to read the board book.
Is it your first time reading HP 3 or is it a reread? :)

message 37: by Janor (new)

Janor | 540 comments @Lisa uhmm I think I'll start with the Night Circus if you don't mind :) Oh and did you have dates in mind for the other two books? I won't have much internet next month though, so we'll just see how it goes!

message 38: by Kelli (last edited Jul 27, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I’ll for sure be starting with Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead and have a buddy ready set up for Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead for August 12 as well :) I’m sure I’ll have at least one book in between those 2. Will update as I move along!

I’m finding myself wondering what to do to get that ‘z’ taken care of... 😅🤔

message 39: by Vivi (last edited Jul 27, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Hey guys,
I ended up doing a Spreadsheet for our team.

I've added the books you said you will be reading in August to some of the letters we need to complete our board.

Please check if the books written in the SS under your name are correct... and that you will read them in August.

If everyone completes the books written on the SS we'll only have 2 letters left to complete: F and J.

If you are not happy with the letter that was given to you (or anything else), you can change it. I did it this way, because I wanted to include all the books we are planning to read to have an idea of what letters are left to take.

Again, please check if you are/will be able to read every book listed in the SS under your name. If there's other books you wanna read you can say it here or add them directly in the SS. If the book's letters don't fit the letters left in our board, you can add your book read in the "Extra Books" part in the SS... and we can use those books later, when we get our 2nd board.

Here's the link to the Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Please everyone take a look.

message 40: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Kelli wrote: "I’ll for sure be starting with Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead and have a buddy ready set up for Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead for August 12 as well :) I’m sure I’ll have at least one book in b..."

No worries Kelli, I've got Z covered :)

message 41: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Kelli wrote: "@Vivi
I’ll also be reading Bloodlines - buddy read set for the 12th - which will give us our B! :)"

Great! :) I've added Bloodlines for for B.

message 42: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I’ll definitely have time for another read after last sacrifice before my BR for bloodlines starts up. I’ll have not only drive time for audio, but also time on our plane (: How about I do White is for Magic By: Laurie Faria Stolarz?
That’ll get our F :)

message 43: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Kelli wrote: "I’ll definitely have time for another read after last sacrifice before my BR for bloodlines starts up. I’ll have not only drive time for audio, but also time on our plane (: How about I do White is..."

Great Kelli! I'll add it to the SS.

It's too bad we got such a long title in our 1st board... we'll only have a 2nd board when we finish the 1st and our 1st board being 19 letters/books that will take a while... I don't know if we'll get a 2nd board... we'll have to read lots and Fast!

Lets do our best team! :)

message 44: by Faith (new)

Faith M ✨ (faithm99) @Lisa First time!

message 45: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Amanda to your team ☺

message 46: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments We did get a long one! We have a pretty big team though and I’m excited about what I’m reading this month - plus this is an awesome challenge! I bet we’ll get through it faster than we think 😉

message 47: by Faith (new)

Faith M ✨ (faithm99) I forgot to add Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart (I think)

message 48: by Kelli (last edited Jul 27, 2018 04:12PM) (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I know we’ve all made a small gameplan and have kind of claimed our books and letters, but what if someone who doesn’t have something planned or if someone finishes one first that works for a letter? Will we swap it out and move the original one to the ‘other’ list to await/swap it to a different letter? For example is Grace and Fury is finished before I get going with White is for Magic I’d definitely be cool with using Grace and Fury for ‘F’ even though I have ‘claimed’ that one. Anything to get our board filled up! What is everyone else’s take on this? Maybe just don’t move the books that are in yellow since they’re the ones we’re currently reading?

Just want to make sure we’re all on the same page (small amount of pun intended 😂) and I don’t step on any toes!! 😁😁

message 49: by Vivi (last edited Jul 27, 2018 04:29PM) (new)

Vivi | 1333 comments Kelli wrote: "I know we’ve all made a small gameplan and have kind of claimed our books and letters, but what if someone who doesn’t have something planned or if someone finishes one first that works for a lette..."

Since we have to complete the 1st board to get a 2nd one, it is on our team's best interest to finish it as soon as possible...

So, I'd say if someone finishes a book that fits a letter that is already taken BUT it's not a book marked in yellow in the spreadsheet (AKA a book that is being currently read) And it doesn't fit Any other available letter that we have in the board... THEN it's okay to go ahead and take that letter and post your book. AND Please don't forget to move the other book that was in that letter to the "Extra Books" part in the SS.

I think we should do it this way. Let me know if you guys agree or not.

message 50: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments I’m cool with moving things around - especially since we’ve seen new members added to our team and may continue to see a few :) maybe just post here in the chat what our plan is when we do swap something so everyone is aware?

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.