Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)
Sanderson - All the Things > Alcatraz vs. the Knights of Crystallia [Aug 7, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7413 comments Mod
This is a Buddy Read for Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson starting August 7, 2018.
Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

Virginie | 5795 comments In in in! :D

Miche | 3092 comments In!

Thank you, Niki!

message 5: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Yw :)

Mighty fine group of buddy readers here. :) y'all make me want to catch up.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Yw :)

Mighty fine group of buddy readers here. :) y'all make me want to catch up."

The books are short and super easy to get through. You have 2 weeks to finish 2 books. Totally doable :-)

Virginie | 5795 comments *chants*
Do it, join us, do it, join us! DO IT, JOIN US!

message 8: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Okay OKAY!! Twist my arm. ;)

There are like 45 holds on these through overdrive, but luckily Rb digital also has them and nobody apparently uses that because they're all available!

If you need me, I'll be messing up all of my reading plans (happily). Lol

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Yay!

What's RB digital?

message 10: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I think it used to be One Click Digital. It's another audiobook platform my library buys books for. It used to be useless because it didn't offer speed adjustments, but they fixed that recently and I seem to be one of the few who noticed.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ah, yes, I remember One Click Digital. I think my current library just uses Overdrive though.

Virginie | 5795 comments Yay! Tome Raiders BR! :)

Miche | 3092 comments Yay, Niki! You can do it!

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments We reading backwards?... If we're reading book 3 on the 7th, and book 1 on the 10th, someone needs to schedule book 2 for the 8th/9th :D

Miche | 3092 comments Iain wrote: "We reading backwards?... If we're reading book 3 on the 7th, and book 1 on the 10th, someone needs to schedule book 2 for the 8th/9th :D"

This is another buddy read, Iain. The one you are looking for is in September or October.

message 16: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Time Raiders have mastered the art of time travel. It's how we plan to win.

Miche | 3092 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Time Raiders have mastered the art of time travel. It's how we plan to win."

😂😂😂

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Time Raiders have mastered the art of time travel. It's how we plan to win."

I see what you did there

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Time Raiders have mastered the art of time travel. It's how we plan to win."

Love it 😂

message 20: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Lmao. For once a typo is in my favor.

Virginie | 5795 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Time Raiders have mastered the art of time travel. It's how we plan to win."

Hahaha :D

Virginie | 5795 comments Starting! :)

Miche | 3092 comments I will start it today. :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Going to be late to this (no one should be surprised :-/)

message 25: by Virginie (last edited Aug 07, 2018 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Virginie | 5795 comments Listened to Chapter 1 & 2. I have to be in a certain mindset to appreciate the humor... This morning, after getting no more than 4 hours of sleep (36°C AT NIGHT!), I couldn't stop giggling ;)

Not really a spoiler, and this quote creepily echoes our 'Time Raiders' conversation :O
(view spoiler)

Miche | 3092 comments The same thing happens to me, Virginie. Sometimes a giggle but sometimes I find the humor too forced. Since the books didn't really change styles, it has to be my mood. :)

I just finished chapters 1 and 2.

(view spoiler)

Virginie | 5795 comments Miche wrote: "The same thing happens to me, Virginie. Sometimes a giggle but sometimes I find the humor too forced. Since the books didn't really change styles, it has to be my mood. :)

I just finished chapters..."

Don't know if it was mentioned previously. I read #1 a loooong time ago :/

Virginie | 5795 comments So I had a bad day yesterday. I was tired and feeling nauseous and pissed off. I thought 'Oh, I'm going to listen to Alcatraz #3 a little bit. It's funny, it should cheer me up".

Yeah.... Nope. Made me want to bang my head against a wall. Repeatedly. Definitely a mood thing xD

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Finally started it. I forgot how very very short these books are. Should be done tomorrow.

Miche | 3092 comments I think I am not in the right mood at this moment for this book. The humor is annoying me. :(

I will try to finish it, but there is a possibility that I dnf it.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Just finished. So I wasn't as annoyed with the humor this time as with the previous books, so I must have been in the right mood this time around, but having said, there wasn't as much action in this book as the previous books. 3 stars.

Virginie | 5795 comments Finished as well. Like Diana said, I thought it was rather slow. Several cool reveals though, so I think book 4 will be interesting.

I laughed so much at (view spoiler)

Virginie | 5795 comments Miche wrote: "I think I am not in the right mood at this moment for this book. The humor is annoying me. :(

I will try to finish it, but there is a possibility that I dnf it."

I got stuck in a 2h30 long commute with no other audiobook. With 1.8x speed, I got most of the book done, right mood or not xD

Virginie | 5795 comments Will you guys want to read book 4? Next month, or something like that?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Sure. Might as well finish the series up.

message 36: by Miche (last edited Aug 11, 2018 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Miche | 3092 comments I finished it. The ending was interesting, but I am not in a hurry to read the next one. These books don't work well for me with a schedule as I have to be in a very specific mood to enjoy them.

Virginie | 5795 comments That makes sense, Miche. The humor is really special after all.

Virginie | 5795 comments Diana, when do you want to read the next one? Those books are so short, I can probably squeeze 'em in my schedule anytime :)
Maybe... One in September, one in October so we get team points? Or do you want to get to them sooner?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Def not until September. I'm so behind in all of my August buddy reads.

Virginie | 5795 comments Bwahaha, same! I wonder why....
I think someone went to my tracker and fed me BRs until I was overbooked. What about you? 😈

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Same {gives you my best judgemental side eye}