a true crime book club. discussion

Non Book Club Reads > Anyone started to re/read the Harry Potter books yet?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments So excited to get into them. Currently reading them for the first time :)

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) Yes! They are fantastic!!!

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (katmanongsong) | 1 comments Katie wrote: "So excited to get into them. Currently reading them for the first time :)"

The first time is always the best! <3

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments I am so enjoying the it. I am currently moving house so when i get an hour to read its a nice world to escape too.
Books are always better than the films and i feel more attached to harry while reading it.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (terrelli) | 9 comments I was already reading them for the 2nd time when it was announced, so I'm halfway through book 3. I'll pick up with everybody else on book 4.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments I am such a slow reader so i am bound to fall behind. Dyslexia be gone!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (killer_bunny) I’m dyslexic too. Just take your time. I have to keep reminding myself that it’s not race. I tend to get jealous of people who can finish each book in a day or two.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (terrelli) | 9 comments I'm not dyslexic and I've tried really hard to finish books in a day. The only one I've managed is a short book of poems. Reading isn't about speed, it's about the experience. However much time it takes you to fully enjoy the experience is just the right amount of time.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments I am nealry done which for me is good considering i habe been working nightshift also. Cant wait to start the next one. Try and keep a little head.

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Jo (infiniteladybug) | 1 comments Yes! 🤗 Will be starting the whole series (only read the first one years ago). So excited!! 😁 I’m really glad to be a part of this. Thank you for having this place that I can feel welcome to come too. Happy reading everyone! 📚☺️

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments Of course! I have just finished the second one and going ob to third one soon. Moving house has kinda disturbed my reading goals lol. Xx

message 12: by Ms Bridget (new)

Ms Bridget (obridget2) Katie wrote: "I am such a slow reader so i am bound to fall behind. Dyslexia be gone!"

I'm not dyslexic myself, but am a slow reader, even at 43 years old. So, you're not alone on that. Some people just read faster than others, just know, you are not alone on not being able to finish books in a day. We read at our own pace. As long as you're enjoying reading that's all that counts. Slower Readers Unite! lol....

message 13: by Ctina (new)

Ctina Alvarado (ctinaloves2read) | 1 comments i actually read book one.. the sorcerer's stone and i loved it... i have 3 books in the series but i got caught up.. you know how that goes.. ill be reading book 2 soon.. =)

message 14: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I finished the reread on book 1 a little while ago. Will read book two this month or next.

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mgarner74) | 4 comments I actually started re-reading them before Peter announced the reread 🤣I just finished Order of the Pheonix last night!

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Olabamiji (katieolabamiji) | 6 comments I am now on the third one.

message 17: by MysteryAngel03 (new)

MysteryAngel03 (lilicegirl) | 4 comments yes I am reading the series :)

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 4 comments I just started this morning...Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, we're proud to say...!

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison | 3 comments Yes! This is the first time I've read them. I'm on book one right now.

message 20: by Lashundria (last edited Aug 20, 2018 11:28AM) (new)

Lashundria | 3 comments I am reading Harry Potter for the first time. I read the first book at the end of 2015. Book 2 was really hard for me. It was dreadfully boring until about page 150. Thus far that is the only one I haven't really liked. I'm currently on book 4 & I must say, aside from my lifelong aversion to snakes, I'm really hoping I can make it through, b/c it's already REALLY thrilling!! (This is awesome, b/c I started reading the series, not even knowing of this thread)!!

message 21: by Lashundria (new)

Lashundria | 3 comments Is anyone else on Book 5 now? #firsttimereading!!

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison | 3 comments @lushandria I agree with you on book two. I haven’t moved forward to book 3 yet but I’m glad that you’ve given them a positive word.

message 23: by Lashundria (new)

Lashundria | 3 comments Allison wrote: "@lushandria I agree with you on book two. I haven’t moved forward to book 3 yet but I’m glad that you’ve given them a positive word."
I'm glad you agreed with book 2 assessment. Lol. I expected to be enemy of the state with that one! What I have found so far, is that each book tends to have it's own problem and resolution. After about halfway through book 3, I decided I will definitely be finishing the series.

message 24: by Margeaux (new)

Margeaux Howard | 5 comments I had recently reread the 1st and 2nd so I’m waiting to September to join in on the 3rd

message 25: by Tracee (new)

Tracee Duthie | 25 comments I finished one and two also. Rereading the series on audible. Excited to start three this weekend!

message 26: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
I’m loving them so far! I highly recommend the audio version. They are really really good. I’m going to start book 3 this week!