YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Break a Leg (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 694 (694 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Carrie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 05:10AM) (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Team Break a Leg:

Carrie ✔
Rae ✔
Ashleigh ✔
Cinthia ✔
Astrid ✔

Review Thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments *waves* to team... I'll be back later to see if anyone has checked in. :)

message 3: by Nicole ✧ (new)

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments I’m here and checking in!

message 4: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Hi guys, just checking in!

message 5: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5754 comments Checking in.

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Oohh I see Sarah gave us our first three boards at the same time so if we finish one we'd know what to work on next without having to wait for it.

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Board:

(6) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan:

NEXT BOARD - (76) Every Day by David Levithan
NEXT BOARD - (89) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

message 8: by Carrie (last edited Jul 23, 2018 09:05PM) (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Board 1:

T H E L I G N F R C K O D A

14 Letters to complete

Board 2:

E V R Y D A I L T H N

11 Letters

Board 3:

S I N C E Y O U V B G M R A T

15 Letters

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments What do you guys think of a simple spreadsheet to track our letters?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

That way we know who is working on what and everyone can edit as they pick up their next read and not have to wait on someone in the group to edit a message. Of course I'm by no means a spreadsheet expert so if someone else wanted to do something prettier that would be fine too. I added one book on there to show how it would work but I'd ask that we don't get too far ahead of ourselves and save too many letters right away either as I'm a pretty fast reader and there have been some months we have challenges like this and I have no place to slot books left so no clue what I should pick up and read.

message 10: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Hey Guys!!! Checking in here! I have quite a few books to read next month! I am going to try and do my very best to break 50 books...Not saying its going to happen but hey you never know...lol.

Here is my Bookshelf for my MMC reads, Let me know if anyone wants to BR any of them! Quite a few are KU

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments I am so determined to get through at least 5 boards..... DETERMINED!!!!

description

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Love the excitement Rae! :) I'm going to be looking to do as many buddy reads as I can too as long as I keep my ARCs caught up in the meantime so I'll take a look and see if there's any I'd read with you.

message 13: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Carrie wrote: "Love the excitement Rae! :) I'm going to be looking to do as many buddy reads as I can too as long as I keep my ARCs caught up in the meantime so I'll take a look and see if there's any I'd read wi..."

LMAO, yup Im an excited kind of person...lol

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments description

message 15: by Carrie (new)

message 16: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Carrie wrote: ""
LMAO that is going to be me next month!!!

message 17: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments I'm more....

description

message 18: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments description

message 19: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Tati wrote: ""

description

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati you'll have to pass your sloth title over to the other serious teams in Aug. :)

message 21: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Carrie wrote: "Tati you'll have to pass your sloth title over to the other serious teams in Aug. :)"

I'll be slothing along in a medium team. You'll have to pry my slothiness from my cold, dead, slothy fingers LOL

message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Wonder if it's contagious, you could just go spread some sloth germs around and share the slothiness. :)

message 23: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Tati wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Tati you'll have to pass your sloth title over to the other serious teams in Aug. :)"

I'll be slothing along in a medium team. You'll have to pry my slothiness from my cold, dead, s..."

LMAO!!! Hilarious!

message 24: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments I'm going to go out on a limb and make the prediction that I bet serious will be a lot more competitive this month and that medium will be where Sarah is chasing members left and right. I can almost see her having to disband a couple of teams and add members to more active teams with so many signing up.

message 25: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Carrie wrote: "I'm going to go out on a limb and make the prediction that I bet serious will be a lot more competitive this month and that medium will be where Sarah is chasing members left and right. I can almos..."
Yea MMC is hectic, I hope people participate and not have her running all over the place. that has to suck.

message 26: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Rae wrote: "Tati wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Tati you'll have to pass your sloth title over to the other serious teams in Aug. :)"

I'll be slothing along in a medium team. You'll have to pry my slothiness from my ..."

Carrie likely hates me this month, I'm soooo slooooooooow

message 27: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments When you have posted your review, one of us mods (myself or Abbie) will visit your thread, and we will spin the Wheel of Fortune for you! (Well, we'll give random.org a spin, because we don't have any spare wheels ;))

Please note - the 'Wheel' will be spun each time a mod checks the thread, not for each review or each day.

Ok, my little brain was thinking what was stopping people from holding reviews until a good bonus was up but rereading that it sounds like they spin after we post the reviews. Now I'm wondering if each review submitted gets it's own bonus spin as they add the scores or if it's one spin for all that have accumulated between updates... ?

message 28: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Carrie wrote: "When you have posted your review, one of us mods (myself or Abbie) will visit your thread, and we will spin the Wheel of Fortune for you! (Well, we'll give random.org a spin, because we don't have ..."
Yup this is exactly where I was confused at. So do we get a spin after each letter or just once a day?

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tati wrote: "Rae wrote: "Tati wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Tati you'll have to pass your sloth title over to the other serious teams in Aug. :)"

I'll be slothing along in a medium team. You'll have to pry my slothin..."

Haha no, you are participating and that's all I ask. I've always said I'm not one that *needs* to win I just want a team that actually shows up and reads. The competitions are seriously no fun at all when half the team never shows up or does 1 books and poofs.

message 30: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Rae wrote: "Carrie wrote: "When you have posted your review, one of us mods (myself or Abbie) will visit your thread, and we will spin the Wheel of Fortune for you! (Well, we'll give random.org a spin, because..."

I wouldn't think one spin for two or three days of reviews would be much fun when they get busy, especially if it landed on zero for us and the highest for another team.

message 31: by Carrie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 12:29PM) (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments By the way.... another thought I had is we should probably all discuss the bonus fairy visits and plan what letter to ask for each board in advance so when she visits whoever is on can post for the group. Of course we have a week before it even starts so no worries about deciding today or anything but once we get closer and people start thinking what their first few reads will be we'll know what letter on each board would be the toughest to cover.

message 32: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Howdy folks! Is everyone making a plan for the books they want to read next month or just winging it? Im trying my hand again at planning.

message 33: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments A little bit of both at the moment actually. Still trying to get what I can read this month to really know for sure what I'll be starting with next month. I'll add a bit more to the spreadsheet here in the next few days, need to figure out what I'll have left of my ARCs and study the BRs to see what will be already going on from the end of this and what people have scheduled and see if I can get partners for some of mine too.

message 34: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments I actually have my month almost full with BR's 1 for each day so far. I am excited. I just need a few more.

Are we posting in advance on the spreadsheet or when we actively start reading each book. I only ask because not everyone reads at the same pace so I would hate to see a spot taken up for a future read when someone is ready to read that letter right away.

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments It would probably be fine to put in a few at a time if you know you are reading in that order and won't be but a day or two to finish what you've added. Say for me I can do 1-3 a day but if it normally takes a few days to just finish 1 then just put one at a time... if that makes sense. We could always bump books around too if someone finishes something faster there will always be more boards coming and most books have a lot of options to place them.

We could also add a tab for banked books if someone reads something that doesn't have a current letter available.... ?

message 36: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Maybe we should use some color coding too to help decide whether to move one or not. A color for currently reading and another for finished maybe?

message 37: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Carrie wrote: "It would probably be fine to put in a few at a time if you know you are reading in that order and won't be but a day or two to finish what you've added. Say for me I can do 1-3 a day but if it norm..."
I like the banked books idea!
Whatever the team thinks is best I am fine with. :-) the color system works too!

message 38: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Hi guys! I'm kinda winging it this month but got a couple of BRs planned. I like the idea about the banked books tab and the colour coding. Might help make things easier.

message 39: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Added a tab for banked books in case someone reads something that wouldn't fit the active board and also some colors to keep track of what is planned, being read or finished.

message 40: by Carrie (new)

message 41: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5754 comments @rae. That is crazy 😜 60 books. I’m gonna aim for 15-20. I’ve been lazy lately.

message 42: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments It's the mega of course we're going crazy! LOL

message 43: by Nicole ✧ (new)

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments Hi again. I have about ten buddy reads planned for August including one of the MMC group buddy reads. I'm excited!!

message 44: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Awesome Astrid! I'm going for as many as I can next month. :)

description

message 45: by Nicole ✧ (new)

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments Just added two books for myself on the first board. One is a buddy read for the 2nd and one is for the 3rd :)

message 46: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Ok, no problem, feel free to add what you want to the other titles too. I figure if we need to we can move books around too. As you can tell Rae and I plan on going crazy so hopefully it doesn't take too long to finish boards either. :)

message 47: by Nicole ✧ (new)

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments Oh, can we do all three boards at the same time? Or do we have to finish board 1 first? Either way, I can still put some books on boards 2 and 3 soon.

message 48: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Astrid wrote: "Oh, can we do all three boards at the same time? Or do we have to finish board 1 first? Either way, I can still put some books on boards 2 and 3 soon."

We can't turn them into Sarah on the review thread until each on is completely done but I have all three added on the spreadsheet so if you know the first few you'll read you can spread them out and we can all try to plan around to get them done.

message 49: by Carrie (new)

message 50: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments I am sooooooooooo READY!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.