YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Fortune Favours The Bold (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 485 (485 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jul 24, 2018 03:36PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22812 comments Mod
Team Fortune Favours The Bold
Clephiro ✔
Megan ✔
Melanie ✔
Lara ✔
Bookbuyer ✔

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Hi team!

So I'm pretty sure that I know all of you and have been on a team with most of you before. ^-^

So lonely. No one else has made any thread yet and y'all are not here yet. :(

I have many books planned. Don't know what I will get to. I have two BRs set for August though The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken and The Language of Thorns Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grisha Verse, #0.5, #2.5, #2.6) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11279 comments I'm not on your team this round but I'll say a quick hi before heading out to work. So "HI!" *waves with a happy grin*

Jamie wrote: "I'm not on your team this round but I'll say a quick hi before heading out to work. So "HI!" *waves with a happy grin*"

Hi! ^-^

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Hi Book! :)

I have a few buddy reads planned, but I have room for more. I'm open to reading any books on my want to read shelf or kindle cloud maybe shelf. :)

Hi!

Awesome!

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I'm going to go light with BRs this month. It seems to be working well this month. ^-^

message 11: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments hiya.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4943 comments Hi team! :)

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Hey team!!

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments Should we put together a doc or a spreadsheet or something where we can see which letters need to be covered?

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Hi!!!!

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Lara wrote: "Should we put together a doc or a spreadsheet or something where we can see which letters need to be covered?"

I'm not sure how to do that but if someone wants to they can. ^-^

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So what I understand is we can use one book for the same letter no matter how many times that letter appears? So I'm just do a quick planning here until an SS is made. :)

Board:

(47) Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
S
W
E
T

V
I
L

B
Y

N
D

H
G

(63) Delirium by Lauren Oliver

D
E
L
I
R
U
M

B
Y

A
N

O
V

(89) Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
S
I
N
C
E

Y
O
U
V

B

G

Y

M
R
A

T

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

It is then your team's job to fill in the letters on your board. You can do this by doing the following:
- Read a book of your own choice
- Make a note of the first letter of each word in your chosen book's title and author's name.
(Eg: Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting would give you 'D', 'O', 'T', and 'K'.
True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson would give you 'T', 'L', 'A', 'O', 'D', 'R', and 'G'.)
- Choose which ONE of your letters you would like to use for your book (so for Desires of the Dead you might choose 'O')
- Post your review for your book on your team's review thread along with your chosen letter. Eg:

- Please note:
* Your team will only need to read one book per letter, no matter how many times it appears in your current board. So for 'Sweet Evil', you could read Everneath, and cross all 3 E's off with that one book.
* You must use the original title for your chosen book, you may not use alternate editions for this challenge.

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments I made a spreadsheet. I hope it is helpful for us. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

* When choosing titles, please note that only the original title counts. This means that books which have titles which are not made up of English letters will not count. It also means that for books which were originally published in a different language, such as Ruby Red, or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, those would also only count for their original titles - Rubinrot, and Män som hatar kvinnor respectively.

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

* When choosing titles, please also be aware that if your chosen title contains an colon ':', only the words before the ':' will count.

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "I made a spreadsheet. I hope it is helpful for us. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/..."

Thanks! Looks good. Already filling some books in. :D

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So I've inputted all my BRs into the SS since all of them are in the first week or so. One of them is the GBR so I could move it to the end if need be. :)

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I made a spreadsheet. I hope it is helpful for us. :)

Thanks! Looks good. Al..."

Bookbuyer wrote: "So I've inputted all my BRs into the SS since all of them are in the first week or so. One of them is the GBR so I could move it to the end if need be. :)"

Awesome! :D

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Melanie wrote: "I made a spreadsheet. I hope it is helpful for us. :)

Than..."

^-^

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments I have 7 planned BRs so far, but I haven't put them all in the current board because I'm not sure where they would be most helpful. I did put them in the second sheet (the TBR list) on the spreadsheet, though. :)

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "I have 7 planned BRs so far, but I haven't put them all in the current board because I'm not sure where they would be most helpful. I did put them in the second sheet (the TBR list) on the spreadsh..."

I did not notice the TBR part. lol. Should have looked. :P

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Hopefully between us all we can get the first puzzle done in a few days. ^-^

message 29: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Do you all mind if I fix up that spreadsheet to add some automation?

message 30: by Melanie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 03:29PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Still looking for buddies on any of these; I have room for about 5 more buddy reads, if anyone is interested??

The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You, #1) by Emery Lord Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han Feedback (Variant, #2) by Robison Wells In 27 Days by Alison Gervais Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson Losing Lila (Lila, #2) by Sarah Alderson Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira The Thing with Feathers by McCall Hoyle Remember to Forget by Ashley Royer Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1) by James Patterson

Or any books on my Want to Read shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 31: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Clephiro wrote: "Do you all mind if I fix up that spreadsheet to add some automation?"

Go for it. :)

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Hopefully between us all we can get the first puzzle done in a few days. ^-^"

Hoping the same thing. I love challenges like this, because they really push me to read as fast as I can. :D

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Clephiro wrote: "Do you all mind if I fix up that spreadsheet to add some automation?"

I'm fine with that. ^-^

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Hopefully between us all we can get the first puzzle done in a few days. ^-^"

Hoping the same thing. I love challenges like this, because they really push me to read as fast as I..."

Same. I have a shelf I'm focusing on but I keep changing it. I have no hope of getting to all of them but I like to have variety and I need some wiggle room with this challenge. :)

message 35: by Melanie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 03:54PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments I have five books marked on our board --- all are ones I plan on finishing the first couple days. :)
More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family #1) by Karen Witemeyer
Infestation (Harbingers) Episode 6 by Frank E. Peretti
Hide and Shriek by Alison Hughes
It Started With Goodbye by Christina June (BR)
Taken by Norah McClintock

message 36: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments Yeah I may end up stealing a spot if I read quickly, hopefully that will be ok

message 37: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Clephiro wrote: "Yeah I may end up stealing a spot if I read quickly, hopefully that will be ok"

That's fine. If you could just try to use any of my later in the series books first. ^-^

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Clephiro wrote: "Yeah I may end up stealing a spot if I read quickly, hopefully that will be ok"

Fine with me. :) I think if anyone finishes a book and there isn't a spot open that works, it should be okay to switch books around and make them work. :D

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Clephiro wrote: "Yeah I may end up stealing a spot if I read quickly, hopefully that will be ok"

Fine with me. :) I think if anyone finishes a book and there isn't a spot open that works, it shoul..."

That works for me. :)

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So I've decided to cave and do more BRs so we can get more points. I'm making up a shelf now and will post here first and then on the wanted br thread if I still want more. :)

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "So I've decided to cave and do more BRs so we can get more points. I'm making up a shelf now and will post here first and then on the wanted br thread if I still want more. :)"

Yay! Hopefully we will have books in common. :D

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Melanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "So I've decided to cave and do more BRs so we can get more points. I'm making up a shelf now and will post here first and then on the wanted br thread if I still want more. :)"

Y..."

Hopefully. ^-^

I have some really long series I'm trying to read next month so those are the bulk of my books. ^-^

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Okay I think I have my shelf now. Here it is: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 44: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments I'm reading Mirage and Hull Metal Girls this month if you want to BR

message 45: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Clephiro wrote: "I'm reading Mirage and Hull Metal Girls this month if you want to BR"

Awesome! When were you thinking? I'm free all month except the first week. :)

message 46: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2190 comments yeah Im good whenever

message 47: by Lara (new)

Lara (Bookish_turtle) | 833 comments How long do we think it will take us to complete the first board? Because I would suggest that we only fill in the spreadsheet for books we plan to read in the first few days, and putting more in as we get to them whilst the month progresses. How many days worth of books do you think we should put in initially?

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Clephiro wrote: "yeah Im good whenever"

KK. Mirage doesn't come out till towards the end of the month so I will figure out a date for that in the morning. As for Hullmetal I think towards the beginning of the month might be good. I'll take a look at what we need for the puzzle. :)

message 49: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12049 comments Lara, I plan on having at least three books done that first day, as they are shorter reads. :)

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So how about 28th for Mirage and we can do Hullmetal girls sometime in the second week like the 6th?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.