What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Folly (Folly Island, #1)
This topic is about Folly
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Single older woman builds a house by herself. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hornberger | 7 comments The book is relatively current (possibly within the past 10 years). The main character is single (possibly divorced) and while building the house, she comes to terms with the relationship between herself and her father. She may ultimately develop a relationship with a man who delivers supplies to the project site. I believe it’s a woman’s empowerment book, definitely fiction.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Do you remember the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?
Was the woman's regular job a builder, or did she have another job?

Any other characters like siblings, neighbors, friends, pets, etc?

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hornberger | 7 comments I think it was a trade paperback and that the cover was abstract (maybe) and a muted color (beige or gray?). I read it in 2011, and I think the story takes place in the northwest, present day The location is relatively isolated and may even be on an island. It's possible that the main character inherited money when her father passed away, so she doesn't need to work. As far as I remember, the woman isn't really a builder but is learning as she goes. There are no neighbors, siblings, or friends, though, as I mentioned before, I think she does develop a relationship with the man who delivers her building supplies.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32108 comments Mod
Kristen, I notice your request is marked Solved. Did you find your book? What's the title and author?

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hornberger | 7 comments I did find my book. It's called Folly by Laurie R. King. My memory was a little foggy on some of the details, but I'm so excited to read it again!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32108 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Kristen. Here's the link - Folly by Laurie R. King.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Folly (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurie R. King (other topics)