What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Horror (House on Cherry Street, #2)
This topic is about The Horror
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young Adult/Children's Horror. About two children and their baby sitter haunted by two ghosts - a creepy old witchy looking woman and a little boy. Possible spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Gin-Dozier | 4 comments I think I read this book between 2001-2003 and I've been trying to find it for years. It seems like something R.L. Stine would write but I haven't seen a similar plot in any of his books I've looked through. The story as far as I can remember is about two siblings and their babysitter. The younger one is a girl like 5 or 6 but the older one is like 12 or so. Not sure what gender. The little girl keeps playing with an "imaginary" little boy called Bobby(?) and eventually the older sibling who is telling it from a first person perspective sees this little boy and discovers newspaper clippings on the story of the boy and his family who once lived in the house. The book has more than one part and in this first part, it ends with some sort of showdown between Bobby's evil creepy nanny and Bobby with the MC, the MCs sitter and sister. This is really all I can remember, hope it's helpful.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Sounds like either book #2 or #3 from the "House on Cherry Street" Series

https://www.goodreads.com/series/6427...

Book #2 The Horror (House on Cherry Street, #2) by Rodman Philbrick
Book #3 The Final Nightmare (House on Cherry Street, #3) by Rodman Philbrick

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Gin-Dozier | 4 comments Oh my goodness. Thanks so much. That's it 😊🙌