Visions of the Future
This topic is about Visions of the Future
Book Issues > Multiple issues with book and editions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.J. (new)

D.J. MacLennan (djmaclennan) | 5 comments Hi,
There are several issues with this book that could do with sorting out:
1. It is not part of the (Saga of the Skolian Empire) series as stated. It's an anthology of fiction and non-fiction, not part of any series
2.There's now a second edition of this book out, which should become the default edition, as it has new content. https://www.amazon.com/Visions-Future...
3. I'm a contributor to the second edition, published this year, and so would like to be added to it as an author. (If you look at the contents page of the second edition on Amazon, you'll see me on there as author of the story 'Sweet Quicksilver.')

Thanks in advance for your attention to this.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23262 comments Hi D.J.,
1) The link to the Saga of the Skolian Empire refers to the story ~ Light and Shadow [Skolian Short Fiction • 6] (1994) / novelette by Catherine Asaro, that is how GR denotes that a story in the anthology relates to the series. It stays.
2) Only primary authors can make a default edition. Librarians don't have the power to do so. As there is new content it shouldn't be combined anyway.
3) Of course, happy to add you as a contributor.

message 3: by D.J. (new)

D.J. MacLennan (djmaclennan) | 5 comments Hi Sandra. Thanks for looking into this.
1. I think it's misleading to show the anthology as being part of a series when only one small part of the content relates to the series.
2. Fair enough.
3. Thanks for offering to add me as a contributor, but my story only features in the second edition. So it wouldn't be accurate to show me as a contributor to the first edition, as currently listed on GR. If you can add the second edition and list me as a contributor to that, then fine. If not, it would probably be best to leave as is.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23262 comments 1) Myriad anthologies are treated the same way, many of my own books have 3, 4 or even 5 series listed. It is the way it has always been here. Fan(atics) would be outraged if part of their series wasn't listed, me included :)

The 2nd edition is already in the database & I've already added you. I also added the other authors who weren't already listed.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 5: by D.J. (new)

D.J. MacLennan (djmaclennan) | 5 comments Hi Sandra,
OK, that's great. Thanks for all your help. You librarians do a great job!
D.J.