Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist bio) > Who Am I?---Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments "The son of a tailor and a seamstress, ____________ came from humble beginnings. He was the couple's sixth child, but two of his older siblings died as infants.

As a teenager, ________ became an apprentice to a porcelain painter...

While his works helped raise his profile in the art world, _________ had to struggle to make a living. He sought out commissions for portraits and often depended on the kindness of friends, mentors, and patrons.

According to many biographies, he seemed to have no fixed address during his early career.

________ never publicly acknowledged his daughter during his lifetime.

_________ had to take a break from his work in _____ when he was drafted into the army. He was assigned to a cavalry unit, but he soon fell ill with dysentery. ______ never saw any action during the war.

As he aged, ___________ continued to depict primarily rural and domestic scenes. His work, however, proved to be more and more physically challenging for the artist. _______ first battled with rheumatism and the disease plagued him for the rest of his life.

The rheumatism had disfigured his hands, leaving his fingers permanently curled. _______ also had a stroke which left him in a wheelchair.

The world-renowned_______ continued to paint until his death.

Who Am I?

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Cezanne?

message 3: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Cezanne?"

Nope, but close!

message 4: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Clue: one of the most famous artists of the early twentieth century

message 5: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Clue: leading Impressionist painter

message 6: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments You all know this one! Just at least start naming famous Impressionists, you'll get it!

message 7: by Dirk, Moderator (new)

Dirk Van | 2836 comments Renoir

message 8: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Hello Dirk! Welcome! You got it, good job!

message 9: by Dirk, Moderator (new)

Dirk Van | 2836 comments Thanks,
Autumn invited me and I thought why not ;-)
I love Art. I studied Arts, Graphic Arts, and I work in the graphic industry for 36 years now.
But I can see that it will take me some time to catch up!
So many topics!

message 10: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Well, glad you’re here! You’ll fit right in and be an additional asset with your comments!

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ | 4 comments Dirk wrote: "Thanks,
Autumn invited me and I thought why not ;-)
I love Art. I studied Arts, Graphic Arts, and I work in the graphic industry for 36 years now.
But I can see that it will take me some time to ca..."

Glad you joined. I doubt I will ever catch up here but we can only try!

message 12: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments Autumn, I want to welcome you, too! I'm glad you are here, you jumped right in and I appreciate your comments so far!

message 13: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8385 comments ~☆~Autumn♥♥ wrote: "Very glad to hear that! Thanks so much for your kind comments."

:)