World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Wealth & Economics > Megacities by 2100

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Over at Visual Capitalist there is a new animation projecting growth rates of cities to the end of this century.

REF:VisualCapitalist: http://www.visualcapitalist.com/world...

Thoughts, comments, and should I be buying a block of land on the edge of Lagos?

message 2: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13757 comments Interesting projection, which is probably based on current birth rates and internal migration. The birth rates may change, while a lot will also depend on global immigration policies, for I'm sure many would prefer New York over Lagos or London over Kinshasa...
The immigration pressure may rise exponentially..
Doubt it somehow, but hope these mega-cities will provide wonderful lifestyle and amenities to all of their residents...

message 3: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan 82 years is a very long time.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9729 comments Graeme, I would reconsider, or you will get a lot of mail suggesting you send money to Lagos as an option on something that will be worth hundreds of millions in not much time :-)

message 5: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Indeed - always a possibility. :-).

message 6: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13757 comments These guys are pessimists, as they don't include any extraterrestrial settlement -:) Maybe some Martian New Amsterdam shall surpass Manila?

message 7: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin That would take a lot of underground hydroponic farming to feed that many people on Mars!