What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Private investigator fiction. Big time investigator goes to small town to help solve murder. Church women smuggle drugs

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Monroe Jr. | 1 comments This was a fictional book based on a private investigator going to a small town to help solve a murder. The only detail that I remember vividly is that women form a local church were smuggling drugs in old SUVs that were supposed to be delivered to slaw for spare parts. The investigator did work with local law enforcement and one of the officer’s mother was somehow involved in the crime. I remember the setting being a small town during the winter and it was extremely cold. Also, there may have been a burning and previsouly burned house in town. I read the book about 4 years ago while working at a job in college and was addicted. I do not remember the correlation of the house with the plot. Any details or title would be greatly appreciated!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Michael wrote: "This was a fictional book based on a private investigator going to a small town to help solve a murder. The only detail that I remember vividly is that women form a local church were smuggling drug..."

I believe this is Naked Prey by John Sandford.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Duplicate thread deleted. Please only post your query once....

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Michael, are you still looking for this or did you find it?