What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > about 2 friends, who become sisters as one is adopted by family and describes series of events which are based on one of the sisters getting revenge for events that have occurred throughout her life

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane O'Neill | 3 comments psychological thriller, set in UK, read in 2017
Based on 2 friends (one with poorer background and parents who child thinks don't love her) and one friend from nice background. The go to same school, become friends and eventually sisters as one child loses her parents. Book goes through series of events, lot of little events intertwined with basis of getting revenge on people she feels have done wrong by her, including in the end her so called sister.

message 2: by ElizaB (new)

ElizaB | 2 comments Jane wrote: "psychological thriller, set in UK, read in 2017
Based on 2 friends (one with poorer background and parents who child thinks don't love her) and one friend from nice background. The go to same schoo..."

I think this is "The Sister" by Louise Jensen. I read it earlier this year. Please let me know if I'm correct or not. Happy reading!

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane O'Neill | 3 comments Hi Eliza - thank you for the message but unfortunately this isn't the title - I am afraid to give away too many spoilers as I am not sure if I am allowed to. One of the events in the book is one of the sisters is a PA to the Head of a popular TV programme and she goes about framing her to carry out her revenge - the end is quite dramatic and memorable but I am hoping someone can give me the name before I have to reveal this!

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane O'Neill | 3 comments Thanks Ashley - I've read Sometimes I Lie - a great book but unfortunately not the title I am after - it's so frustrating not being able to remember, it was a great book but obviously the title was not so memorable!

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4132 comments Spoilers (not in topic's title) are fine - you can use the spoiler tag (you can see it in the "some html is ok" link) or just type plain text warning and leave few empty lines before revealing them.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Jane, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sometimes I Lie (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alice Feeney (other topics)