What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Demi's Find the Animal ABC
This topic is about Demi's Find the Animal ABC
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Hidden picture book late 80's/early 90's lots of little animals drawn inside a large animal of same sort, you had to find a specific little one. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments For example, there would be a large horse drawn over the two-page spread, and drawn inside that horse would be a hundred or so little horses, each just a little different (maybe in pose? color?) from the others, and there would be one horse shown in a little box on the page, and you had to find the one that looked exactly like the one in the box. I checked it out of an American library in the late 80s/early 90s and it seemed fairly new then. TIA!

message 2: by ElizaB (new)

ElizaB | 2 comments It sounds like a Graham Base book. He has written/illustrated many books with animals and hidden pictures. It could be Animalia or The Eleventh Hour, perhaps. Happy hunting!

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Demi's Find the Animal ABC Demi's Find the Animal ABC by Demi fits

On OpenLibrary, you can read the book.
https://openlibrary.org/books/OL25570....

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments Thank you so much, Tab!!! That is certainly the right author, and I'm looking around now at several books of hers done in a similar style.
Thanks again--I'm excited to have found it!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments I did love Graham Base's books when I was a kid, though that's not what I was thinking of here. Thanks so much for the suggestion, though!

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments You're welcome :)