Reading 1001 discussion

Archives > September 2018 BOTM Results

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
And it's not much of a competition this month. The winning book crushed it. And the randomizer happened to select a book that had been nominated by one of the group members.

1. Popular vote: Sula
2. Randomizer pick: Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle

We will be announcing the diversity topic tomorrow.

So which books will you be reading in September?

message 2: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 4108 comments Mod
My plan will be to read Shula. I don’t own Ada and not sure that it would be in my library. Will check around.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 558 comments I've read Sula, and it was very good. I'm looking forward to Ada- it's the only Nabokov I have left on the list. I love his writing!

message 4: by George P. (last edited Jul 22, 2018 10:45PM) (new)

George P. | 484 comments I may not read either of these. I do want to read Nabokov's Pale Fire soon, I have my mind set on that one rather than his Ada.
I have read two Morrison novels, Beloved just last year, so I'd rather wait at least a year or two more before another of hers- there are so many good authors I haven't read at all. Morrison is very popular, impressive that one of hers won because she had four in the running to split her fans' votes.

message 5: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1381 comments I have read Sula so I will try and find Ada. I might reread Sula if I have time.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 558 comments George wrote: "I may not read either of these. I do want to read Nabokov's Pale Fire soon, I have my mind set on that one rather than his Ada.
I have read two Morrison novels, Beloved just last year, so I'd rath..."

Pale Fire is one of my favorite books.

message 7: by Leni (new)

Leni Iversen (leniverse) | 454 comments I forgot to vote this time, but I would have voted for Sula, so I guess that worked out for me anyway.

Ada might be a bit chunkier a book than I'll have time for in September, so I will probably just read Sula.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Both, if I can find a way to squeeze them both in.

message 9: by Kristel (new)

Any volunteers to host our September BOTM?

message 10: by Kristel (new)

Tomorrow is the first of September, Do I have any volunteers for moderators?