Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

All Your Perfects
This topic is about All Your Perfects
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Hoover, Colleen--All Your Perfects--Informal Buddy read starts July 25, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover.

Synopsis
Colleen Hoover delivers a tour de force novel about a troubled marriage and the one old forgotten promise that might be able to save it.

Quinn and Graham’s perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.

All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 22, 2018 03:43PM) (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Laura | 9707 comments *Squueeee* Can't wait to read this one!

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)

Laura | 9707 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

Awesome! Not a stranger to Hoover if you know you need the tissues on stand by!

What's your favorite Hoover book?

I went to the beach tonight and took this one with me. Eeeks, Sorry. I just want to keep reading.

Through chapter 8
(view spoiler)

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I ..."

The call of Colleen Hoover is too strong to resist sometimes :D

My favorite is It Ends with Us, I was a slobbery mess! What's your favorite?

SandyL | 4388 comments I'm going to join you guys if it's okay?

Laura | 9707 comments Also, It Ends with Us. Yup, I was a hot mess too!

I liked Without Merit but not as much. Did you read that one? November 9 was great!

Laura | 9707 comments SandyL wrote: "I'm going to join you guys if it's okay?"

Hiya Sandy! Absolutely. Are you also a Hoover fan? If so then you need to tell us which one is your favorite. ( ok, you don't nnnnneed to but I really want to know!!!)

SandyL | 4388 comments Laura wrote: "SandyL wrote: "I'm going to join you guys if it's okay?"

Hiya Sandy! Absolutely. Are you also a Hoover fan? If so then you need to tell us which one is your favorite. ( ok, you don't nnnnneed to b..."

The only book of hers I've read is Never Never. One of the blogs I follow raved about this one, so I decided to check it out!

SandyL | 4388 comments I've read through Chapter 4. The book is kinda (view spoiler)

I'm thinking that marrying (view spoiler)

One thing I've getting tired of (I think this is the 4th one I've read this month) are (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4388 comments Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I ..."

I'm at this point. I feel much better about Graham (view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments SandyL wrote: "I've read through Chapter 4. The book is kinda [spoilers removed]

I'm thinking that marrying [spoilers removed]

One thing I've getting tired of (I think this is the 4th one I've read this month) ..."

(view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4418 comments I just got home, so I'll be starting as soon as dinners done!

Laura | 9707 comments Through chapter 20
(view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments Snowtulip wrote: "I just got home, so I'll be starting as soon as dinners done!"

woot, woot!

Laura | 9707 comments Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

@Sandy... you should try It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover . Its Hoover's best book!

Laura | 9707 comments Through chapter 28
(view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished
(view spoiler)

SandyL | 4388 comments Chapter 18

What's (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4418 comments SandyL wrote: "I've read through Chapter 4. The book is kinda [spoilers removed]

I'm thinking that marrying [spoilers removed]

..."

LOL, I was thinking the same thing regarding that theme this month ;)

Graham, (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Laura wrote: "Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished
."

That's probably what I'll end up doing tonight ;). Just getting into Ch 6.

SandyL | 4388 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 22

I can't decide if I like the "then " chapters or the "now" chapters better. I think up to chapter 20 I was enjoying the "then " chapters now I 'm liking the "now " chapters better. Ha, ..."

I'm up to this point now. Wow! Poor Quinn, (view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments I just got my copy of this so will be joining you from Team Snape! I've been reading a lot of fantasy so am looking forward to reading something more contemporary to balance things out :)

SandyL | 4388 comments Laura wrote: "Through chapter 28

Laura -0
tissues-1
..."

I really, really like (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4388 comments Laura wrote: "Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished

Laura -0
Tissues-2

I think Hoover wrote a wonderful story about the trials/feelings of trying to conceive a..."

I've finished too! I ended up liking this book much more than I initially thought I would. (view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments I'm happy to hear you did end up enjoying it Sandy as Hoover is one of my favorite romance authors. I had a few eye roll moments myself. (view spoiler)

Thanks for reading this with me Sandy!

Laura | 9707 comments Cathy M. wrote: "I just got my copy of this so will be joining you from Team Snape! I've been reading a lot of fantasy so am looking forward to reading something more contemporary to balance things out :)"

HI ya Cathy! Its a totally different setting from Lakeside! A nice change.

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Laura wrote: "Cathy M. wrote: "I just got my copy of this so will be joining you from Team Snape! I've been reading a lot of fantasy so am looking forward to reading something more contemporary to balance things..."

Hi Laura! Yes, very different but that's not a bad thing :)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments So far thru Chpt 14 -

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I ..."

Ooh favorite CH novel? I loved Hopeless & Ugly Love & November 9 but it's been so long since I read them that I couldn't say which one I liked the most!

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments SandyL wrote: "Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

What's your favorite Hoo..."

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I will start listening later this morning. Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors. I have tissues ready.

SandyL | 4388 comments Cathy M. wrote: "So far thru Chpt 14 -

This book is crazy ."

I know Cathy - (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4388 comments Cathy M. wrote: "Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I thought the same thing, Cathy. (view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments Cathy M. wrote: "Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I haven't read Hopeless yet. I want to though!

Laura | 9707 comments Cathy M. wrote: "Laura wrote: "Cathy M. wrote: "I just got my copy of this so will be joining you from Team Snape! I've been reading a lot of fantasy so am looking forward to reading something more contemporary to ..."

I agree, Not at all! I need to get back to Lake Silence!

Laura | 9707 comments Cathy M. wrote: "So far thru Chpt 14 -

(view spoiler)

message 40: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Laura wrote: "Through chapter 20

Quinn's mom is horrible. I think the chat with her mom on the door step was a bit of an eye opener for both of them. I suspect that they will each look at the other a little dif..."

I had a hard time relating to Quinn too. (view spoiler)

message 41: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) SandyL wrote: "Cathy M. wrote: "Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

What's ..."

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Ora (last edited Jul 27, 2018 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) SandyL wrote: "Laura wrote: "Chapter 22

I can't decide if I like the "then " chapters or the "now" chapters better. I think up to chapter 20 I was enjoying the "then " chapters now I 'm liking the "now " chapter..."

(view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Laura wrote: "Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished

."

Yes! (view spoiler)

message 44: by Snowtulip (last edited Jul 27, 2018 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Stayed up late last night to finish, I was useless at work today ;)

(view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4418 comments Cathy M. wrote: "Laura wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Looking forward, will make sure to stock up on tissues ;)"

I think Ugly Love might be my second favorite :D

message 46: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) Snowtulip wrote: "Laura wrote: "Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished

."

Yes! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Finished. I stayed up WAY too late last night finishing this because I wanted to know how it ended!

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Laura wrote: "Sorry once I got going I couldn't stop and had to know how their story ended!
Finished

."

Yes! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Stayed up late last night to finish, I was useless at work today ;)

[spoilers removed]"

I did the same thing! Finished at about 3am & then had to go to work today. Was late & not at all productive :P

(view spoiler)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 5663 comments Laura wrote: "Through chapter 20

Quinn's mom is horrible. ..."

(view spoiler)

« previous 1