Arcane Academy Book Club discussion

Lords Of The Left Hand Path: A History Of Spiritual Dissent
This topic is about Lords Of The Left Hand Path
Current Book > August Book Pick: Lords of the Left Hand Path

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Markus Ironwood | 1 comments Mod
Abbie Plouff of Northern Lights Witch and I have just started reading this book. We're teaming up with the Left Hand Path of Minnesota for this first Arcane Academy Book Pick. Stay tuned to this space to discuss topics and issues that this book might rise.

message 2: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Hi - is this book club still active/have any potential? Have been looking for something like this so would be really interested if others are :)

Owen

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy  (buckingstone) | 3 comments Owen wrote: "Hi - is this book club still active/have any potential? Have been looking for something like this so would be really interested if others are :)

Owen"

Hi,
I would be interested as well. Perhaps we could choose a monthly read to discuss?

message 4: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Thanks Kathy (and nice to meet you!) I'd love to have a group for this and maybe some magic related fiction. If it's not stepping on anyone's toes maybe we can resurrect this one or start afresh. Shall we give it a few more days in case someone else picks it up and then agree a plan?

message 5: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Sharing a format that's worked really well in a folklore/horror group I'm in - basically it's one of each set for two months, alternating which is the main and which is the side read

message 6: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy  (buckingstone) | 3 comments I'm game, Owen -- and nice to meet you, too!

message 7: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Awesome - it looks like we can add new topic threads on this group as the admin is open. Am guessing the OPs have maybe left GR - if anyone rejoins we can always delete and restart a new group but hopefully its in the spirit of what was intended. And maybe by keeping the group active others will see it too and join. Have started a new thread for Mar/Apr read nominations although if its just us we probably don't need a vote :)

message 8: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Actually it looks like we can only add topics not topic folders - will experiment. If any of the original group see this I hope you all rejoin :)

message 9: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy  (buckingstone) | 3 comments Have been looking at my library and it's pretty varied with topics we could read on. I have a wide area of interests, so it won't be hard to choose a book I'm interested in. What about you, Owen?

message 10: by Owen (new)

Owen | 6 comments Ok cool - maybe shall we pick two books, one fiction one non both with esoteric leanings? And then maybe a two month cycle each time just to give it room?

I flip flop on whether to start a new group or use this one, maybe let's go with this one for first reads and see then?

And then on what to read for March/April - I don't have any specific recommendations, am travelling this week too so feel free if you have suggestions. Am pretty open - if anything occurs we can add.

I think we can set up new threads for each book by the looks of things.

Is that all ok? Totally open to alternatives :)