Horror Aficionados discussion

Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
This topic is about Cold Vengeance
Buddy Reads > Cold Vengeance - Preston/Child

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ginger (last edited Jul 22, 2018 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry and I will be continuing with the Helen Pendergast trilogy on Tuesday, July 24th with the 2nd book.
Come join us!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Muah ha ha! You keep just saying you and Terry, but, C'mon . . . I am always along for the ride! 😉

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Muah ha ha! You keep just saying you and Terry, but, C'mon . . . I am always along for the ride! 😉"

That’s right, our omnipotent guide on our odyssey of Pendergast!

Ginger | 3246 comments Matthew wrote: "Muah ha ha! You keep just saying you and Terry, but, C'mon . . . I am always along for the ride! 😉"

Seriously, I need to say that from now on. If you don't join our BRs, I will feel sad!! hahaha

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Muah ha ha! You keep just saying you and Terry, but, C'mon . . . I am always along for the ride! 😉"

That’s right, our omnipotent guide on our odyssey of Pendergast!"

Alan | 4641 comments Mod
^^^
description

Terry | 4849 comments Man, so at the end of ch4, (view spoiler)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

GMO Monkeys . . . . GMO Monkeys EVERYWHERE!

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

GMO Monkeys . . . . GMO Monkeys EVERYWHERE!"

Ahhh, everything may not be as it appears...

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

Ahhh, everything may not be as it appears..."

Or, is it???? This trilogy is such a mindf%@*! (I really can't think of a better way to word it!)

message 11: by Ginger (last edited Jul 24, 2018 07:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

I'm starting at lunch today and will check out your spoiler.
Glad you're already into our BR! :D

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

I'm starting at lunch today and will check out your spoiler.
Glad you're already into our BR! :D"

Sounds good. Ch4 really isn’t too far in. I’m very excited for it! Can’t imagine where this is going to take us...

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

Ahhh, everything may not be as it appears..."

Or, is it???..."

Sounds like a good descriptor so far. Makes it lots of fun at least!

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

Dude, I'm not surprised by this at ALL!! I don't even know where they're going with this damn trilogy. hahaha!!

I got to the beginning of Ch10. (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Man, so at the end of ch4, [spoilers removed]"

Dude, I'm not surprised by this at ALL!! I don't even know where they're going with this damn trilogy. hahaha!!

I got to the beginning..."

I made it to ch10 this morning. I had been wondering when (view spoiler)

At the end of ch10 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Ginger (last edited Jul 25, 2018 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "At the end of ch10"

I got to Ch19 last night. I had to keep reading to find out what happened to Pendergast.
(view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "At the end of ch10"

I got to Ch19 last night. I had to keep reading to find out what happened to Pendergast.

Definitely get that! I probably will get there tomorrow.

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "At the end of ch10"

I got to Ch19 last night. I had to keep reading to find out what happened to Pendergast...."

I agree! (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "I agree! I’m glad too that they made a reason with t..."

Yes! 9 freaking lives. :D

Terry | 4849 comments I haven't been able to make much progress the last couple of days. I'm up to ch29, about where (view spoiler)

message 21: by Ginger (last edited Jul 28, 2018 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "I haven't been able to make much progress the last couple of days. I'm up to ch29, about where [spoilers removed]"

I got to Ch37 this weekend. No worries on the progress.
I went to see MI5 this weekend and had to start on a library book.

It's getting crazy good though!
At the beginning of Ch37, I think (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Nice! Was MI5 good? I was thinking of seeing it tomorrow if I can fit it in.

message 23: by Ginger (last edited Jul 28, 2018 07:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Nice! Was MI5 good? I was thinking of seeing it tomorrow if I can fit it in."

YES!!! Honestly, I think it’s the best one so far. The action is ridiculous and tense. Like a Pendergast book. 🤓🤣 hahaha!

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Nice! Was MI5 good? I was thinking of seeing it tomorrow if I can fit it in."

YES!!! Honestly, I think it’s the best one so far. The action is ridiculous and tense. Like a Pendergast..."

Awesome! And, if only there really was a Pendergast movie like that, lol...

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "YES!!! Honestly, I think it’s the best one so far. The action is ridiculous and tense. Li..."

I would love a Pendergast series on Netflix, Prime or a premier channel! Can you imagine that? It would be awesome!!

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "YES!!! Honestly, I think it’s the best one so far. The action is ridiculous and tense. Li..."

I would love a Pendergast series on Netflix, Prime or a premier channel! Can you imagine..."

Absolutely! I can't believe they haven't tried, as popular as these books have been. It would be too good!

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I haven't been able to make much progress the last couple of days. I'm up to ch29, about where [spoilers removed]"

I got to Ch37 this weekend. No worries on the progress.
I went to s..."

Wow, throwing (view spoiler)
So, now, I don't think (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "

"

😂😆👍🏻

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I haven't been able to make much progress the last couple of days. I'm up to ch29, about where [spoilers removed]"

I got to Ch37 this weekend. No worries on the progre..."

Seriously, I have no idea...(view spoiler) OMG! 🤪🤣

Ginger | 3246 comments Matthew wrote: "

"

This is fantastic! 🤣🤣👍

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Helen (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Helen [spoilers removed]"

Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

Matthew wrote: "Helen [spoilers removed]"

SAME. I have no freaking clue to how this is going to end!
Crazy plot.

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

Crazy plot."

And we’re at the midpoint of the trilogy already, too.
I picked up Two Graves and also White Fire this weekend, so I’ll be ready to continue.

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

Cr..."

You guys are catching up! The last one I read was White Fire.

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

SAME. I have no freaking clue to how this is go..."

And, it will only have taken us about a year and a half to catch you, too!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

SAME. I have no freaking clue t..."

I know, I'm slacking!

message 39: by Ginger (last edited Jul 29, 2018 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

Cr..."

Last week, I bought up to Crimson Shore, #15 so I should be good for months to keep up on our BRs.
Woot woot!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Haha, at this point, I’m nowhere near guessing how this goes!"

SAME. I have no freaking clue to how this is go..."

I have mainly been doing audio, but I won a hardback copy of Blue Labyrinth a few years back and that is the next one in the series for me.

message 41: by Ginger (last edited Jul 29, 2018 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Matthew wrote: "go..."

Sweet!! Hopefully we can catch up with you and then we’ll do “live action” BRs with you Matthew. 🤣👍👍

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "go..."

Sweet!! Hopefully we can catch up with you and then we’ll do “live action” BRs with you Matthew. 🤣👍👍"

Yeah, I won't be able to toss out "MUAH HA HAs" all willy-nilly because I wont be in the know!

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "go..."

Sweet!! Hopefully we can catch up with you and then we’ll do “live action” BRs with you Matthew. 🤣👍👍"

Yeah, I won't be able to toss out "MUAH HA HAs" all wil..."

I didn’t figure that would stop you!

Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "go..."

Yeah, I won't be able to toss out "MUAH..."

You never know when I might feel one coming on . . . Oh, wait . . . MUAH HA HA!

message 45: by Ginger (last edited Jul 29, 2018 06:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "I didn’t figure that would stop you!"

Matthew wrote: "You never know when I might feel one coming on . . . Oh, wait . . . MUAH HA HA! "

Hahaha!! You two crack me up. :D

Terry | 4849 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "go..."

Yeah, I won't be able to ..."

That’s more like it!

Ginger | 3246 comments Ch42 - (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Ch42 - I knew ...

I was definitely relieved when that came out! Although, (view spoiler)
At the end of ch42 (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3246 comments Terry wrote: "At the end of ch42"

I know right?! Good grief, it seems everyone in the Pendergast family or working for them is slightly "different"! hahaha

Terry | 4849 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "At the end of ch42"

I know right?! Good grief, it seems everyone in the Pendergast family or working for them is slightly "different"! hahaha"

Must be contagious!

« previous 1