New Adult Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Elizabeth Hartey Q&A

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week the very lovely Elizabeth Hartey with us. Elizabeth is the author of the awesome ON THE EDGE SERIES. Elizabeth is with us all week taking your questions. Leave your questions below!

message 2: by Margaux (new)

Margaux Espinosa (margauxespi) | 110 comments What gives you inspiration for your characters?

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments What are you working on now?

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Koot (judykoot) Elizabeth, what does your work process look like? Thanks for answering!

message 5: by Nina♡ (new)

Nina♡ (ninawreads) | 11 comments I'm new to you. What's the best order to read your books? :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Margaux wrote: "What gives you inspiration for your characters?"
Hi Margaux!
Great question. For the characters in this series I am a huge hockey fan so I had a lot of fun making my alpha heroes hottie hockey players. For muse inspiration I usually pick someone I'm friends with or connected to on social media who has the physical characteristics I'm imagining for each character. For Dak I had one particular guy who was a huge inspiration for his behavior even though he wasn't a hockey player. And then of course there is always a tiny bit of reality woven into the story.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Nicole wrote: "What are you working on now?"
Hi Nicole,
I'm working on book 3 in the series as we speak. It's Damon Wolfe's story and he is the baddest bad boy of the Bernard University hockey boys! He
might be my favorite to write so far. Although, I'll always have a soft spot for Dak. LOL

Verna Loves Books (vernalovesbooks) | 38 comments Hey :) I'm new to your books. What is one thing you would want me to know before I read one of your books?

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Judy wrote: "Elizabeth, what does your work process look like? Thanks for answering!"
I have a very busy life so I don't have a strict process. I try to grab time whenever i can squeeze it in to write and hopefully that works out to be every day, even if it's just one chapter. I'm what writers term a "pantser". In other words, I don't outline anything ahead of time. I get an idea and sit down and run with it. As a result, I could be anywhere: shower, in bed, working out and an idea will come to me on how to make an already written scene better. I stop whatever I'm doing and grab a pen to remember!

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Nina wrote: "I'm new to you. What's the best order to read your books? :)"
Hi Nina,
Although they can be standalone books I suggest reading Cross Stroke first and then Cross Drop because the characters are all friends and are mentioned in subsequent stories.

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must have" when you get in writing mode?

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Verna Loves Books wrote: "Hey :) I'm new to your books. What is one thing you would want me to know before I read one of your books?"
Wow. That's a tough one. I guess I would want you to know that I've always enjoyed writing everything from short stories to research papers but my lifelong dream has been to write novels. It took me a long time to achieve that dream but I'm here to tell you when they say never give up on a dream if you want it badly enough it will happen, it's absolutely true. I'm finally getting the privilege of painting stories with my words and I couldn't be more grateful to people like you who are out there reading them.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your "must have" when you get in writing mode?"
Complete quiet! Just ask my family.LOL

message 14: by Peggy (new)

Peggy M (peggymo) | 113 comments Hi, I love ice hockey stories :)
I wonder which writers or what kind of books do you like to read?

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Peggy wrote: "Hi, I love ice hockey stories :)
I wonder which writers or what kind of books do you like to read?"

Hi Peggy,
Of course, romance is my number one genre to read, contemporary as well as historical. I have so many author's works I love I could never list them all. but some of my favorites are L.J.Shen, Emma Chase, Max Monroe and Elizabeth Hoyt. I'm also crazy about all the classic authors: Jane Austen, the Brontes, Dickens. Just to name a few. BTW. I love ice hockey series too! LOL

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine S. (katy2ish) | 117 comments What is your favorite book and why?

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Katherine wrote: "What is your favorite book and why?"
Hi Katherine,
This is so tough for me to answer. I have so many favorites. But I think I'd have to go with my classic favorite, Wuthering Heights. I'm all about the classics. Especially English literature. I'm a history geek so I can't get enough of anything from Georgian, Edwardian, Victorian, etc. periods

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenkoo) | 47 comments Would you consider co-authoring with someone?

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Karen wrote: "Would you consider co-authoring with someone?"
Hi Karen,
Yes! I think bouncing ideas off someone else and combining creative work with another writer would be a blast. i hope to do it in the future.

message 20: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments Hello :) who are some authors who inspire you?

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments S.Shade wrote: "Hello :) who are some authors who inspire you?"
There are so many I couldn't possibly list them all. But in romance I'd have to say Lj Shen, Emma Chase, Lauren Blakely, Elizabeth Hoyt. Other than contemporary romance, I'm very influenced by the classic English literature writers such as, Austen, the Brontes, Dickens. I'd love to take a crack at an historical romance one of these days.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (allee5) | 11 comments What is your favourite trope to write?

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Amanda wrote: "What is your favourite trope to write?"
i love the enemies to lovers trope and also creating the perfect alpha heroines to bring bad boy alphas to their knees.LOL

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.