Play Book Tag discussion

The Paris Seamstress
This topic is about The Paris Seamstress
Archive: Other Books > The Paris Seamstress / Natasha Lester. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8342 comments The Paris Seamstress / Natasha Lester
4 stars

In the early 1940s, Estella, in her early 20s, is sent away by her mother to the United States when the Germans are coming close to Paris. Estella takes with her the knowledge of Paris fashion, how to design, and how to sew. In 2015, Estella is in her late 90s and lives in New York City. Her son has recently died, and she has a very close relationship with her granddaughter, Fabienne. Fabienne hasn’t heard her family’s story. In fact, much of Estelle’s own family history was a surprise to her when she arrived in New York in the 40s.

I really liked this. I got caught up in it early on, and I was kept wanting to read to find out. I don’t feel like there were many twists, but I thought the secrets were unraveled very nicely. One thing that did come as a surprise to me was in the author’s note about what events were historically true.

message 2: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2338 comments Sounds lovely. I’m thinking of a sewing/stitching theme for a personal challenge next year, so will add this straight to the TBR so I don’t forget it

message 3: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2338 comments PS - the clickbait-style subtitle would normally have put me off - thank goodness you read it first, lol

message 4: by LibraryCin (last edited Jul 22, 2018 12:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LibraryCin | 8342 comments I read an ARC... need to take a look at the subtitle! (I'm sure my copy didn't have one!)

I hope you like it! It will be released in September, I believe.

ETA: Looks like just one edition that has that "subtitle" (but it really doesn't even sound like a real subtitle to me!)

LibraryCin | 8342 comments Again, looking closer, maybe it's already been published in Australia, so maybe you already have access to it! She is an Australian author, so that makes sense!