What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children's- Small girl named Sofie/Sophie

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (saamantha) This is really just a shot in the dark. When I was 4 (I'm 21 now) my grandma used to read me a book about a little girl named Sophie (Sofie?). I remember the illustrations being of a little Asian girl with pigtails. The story is a bit fuzzy to me but I remember that the story was about Sophie helping her mother, and being a bit of a pain in the... I can also recall teapots and tea time.
If this sparks anything for anyone, that would be great, if not, I can see that.. Hah not much of a description.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
you SURE she was Asian? There is a book with a little Mexican girl named Seraphina, I think it was. I don't remember the title either, but she's helping either her mother or grandmother fix dinner or something. Its been a LONG time since I saw the book, and I don't believe I ever did more than pick it up at a bookstore and go "how cute" (my daughter was too old for it then)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (saamantha) I'm about 80% sure. But I know that her name was definitely Sophie/Sofie. I looked through about a 100 pages of book titles on amazon one day trying to find this. =[ Hah. It got lost in a move a few years ago.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (saamantha) The book may be called "Sophie's Lesson".. Although I haven't been able to find it using that title.

message 5: by Janna (new)

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments Well, The Tiger Who Came to Tea is about a girl named Sophie who has tea with her mother, but she's blonde and British, so probably not. Plus there's a tiger. :P

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Dick King Smith wrote a series of kids books about a girl called Sophie, starting with Sophie's Tom about Sophie and her cat, but she was British so I don't know if this helps.

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments I think the one with Seraphina is about how to make tortillas by hand.

message 8: by Omid (new)

Omid | 1 comments Les malheurs de Sophie (Trilogie de Fleurville, #1)
by Comtesse de Ségur ??!!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Omid, Samantha has left the group so it's not likely she will see your suggestion unfortunately.

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Les malheurs de Sophie for the clicky thing.