Old Books, New Readers discussion

Siddhartha
This topic is about Siddhartha
Archived > Week 1

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

La Tonya  Jordan | 654 comments Mod
Post all thoughts and comments. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Enjoy Reading,
La Tonya

Week 1 August 5th - August 11th / 1 - 38 pages

Matthew (funkygman007) | 4 comments I did this as an audiobook, and since it is short, I finished it pretty fast. Not quite sure where in the breakdown you made some of the stuff goes, but I will do my best to discuss without too much spoiling! :)

I went into this book blindly, so it took more that it usually does to get into the narrative. I thought the tone and delivery was very much like the the telling an ancient legend around the campfire.

Krystal (krystallee6363) Honestly, reading the first paragraph I thought I was going to struggle with this. But it only took two pages to get into it and then I was hooked!

message 4: by Ian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ian | 317 comments Mod
I agree Krystal - I knew the general idea of what this book was about and it is not usually my cup tea, but once I got a few chapters in, I could not put it down.

Matthew wrote: "I did this as an audiobook, and since it is short, I finished it pretty fast. Not quite sure where in the breakdown you made some of the stuff goes, but I will do my best to discuss without too muc..."

I agree.

Ian wrote: "I agree Krystal - I knew the general idea of what this book was about and it is not usually my cup tea, but once I got a few chapters in, I could not put it down."

Excellent !!!!! Enjoy Reading !!!!

message 7: by Nat (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nat K (natnoir) I'm a bit behind the reading schedule, so really need to get my skates on! Managed to fit in 20 pages on the work commute.

Lucky for me this is a short book. It's very esoteric.

Nat wrote: "I'm a bit behind the reading schedule, so really need to get my skates on! Managed to fit in 20 pages on the work commute.

Lucky for me this is a short book. It's very esoteric."

It opens the mind !! Enjoy Reading !!

Jeremy Really enjoying reading this book. I read it some years ago in my late 20s and it made quite an impact on me. Great to be reading it again. I'm up to where he has decided that his path doesn't lie with being a follower of the Buddha.

I'm starting to realise it's message is very much like that of the Sheldon B. Kopp classic If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him ( a book I was reminded existed a little while ago when it was mentioned in an episode of the science fiction series "Fringe".)

Jeremy wrote: "Really enjoying reading this book. I read it some years ago in my late 20s and it made quite an impact on me. Great to be reading it again. I'm up to where he has decided that his path doesn't lie ..."

Wonderful ! Good to Hear ! Let me know what you think of the end.