YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Even the Darkest Stars (Even the Darkest Stars, #1)
This topic is about Even the Darkest Stars
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Even the Darkest Stars (Even the Darkest Stars #1) by Heather Fawcett - Restarting February 5th 2019

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Kamzin has always dreamed of becoming one of the Emperor’s royal explorers, the elite climbers tasked with mapping the wintry, mountainous Empire and spying on its enemies. She knows she could be the best in the world, if only someone would give her a chance.

But everything changes when the mysterious and eccentric River Shara, the greatest explorer ever known, arrives in her village and demands to hire Kamzin—not her older sister Lusha, as everyone had expected—for his next expedition. This is Kamzin’s chance to prove herself—even though River’s mission to retrieve a rare talisman for the emperor means climbing Raksha, the tallest and deadliest mountain in the Aryas. Then Lusha sets off on her own mission to Raksha with a rival explorer who is determined to best River, and Kamzin must decide what’s most important to her: protecting her sister from the countless perils of the climb or beating her to the summit.

The challenges of climbing Raksha are unlike anything Kamzin expected—or prepared for—with avalanches, ice chasms, ghosts, and even worse at every turn. And as dark secrets are revealed, Kamzin must unravel the truth of their mission and of her companions—while surviving the deadliest climb she has ever faced.

Cindee | 710 comments I am 105 pages into this book it is interesting so far it is a great fantasy I like what I have read so far. I like the characters especially Kamzin and River they are interesting and well-written characters. I really like the story so far with Kamzin guiding River on his expedition and all the interesting things about that.

Cindee | 710 comments I am 205 pages into this book so far so good I like th characters more they are interesting to read about I like the slowish romance of Kamzin and River it is moving at a good pace not too fast or slow. I like the story with the exploration and the magic I like the fact the magic is different than other kinds of magic I have read about.

Cindee | 710 comments I am 315 pages into this book it just keeps getting more and more exciting. The story is so interesting I like (view spoiler) the story and characters are so very likable will finish this book soon.

Cindee | 710 comments I have finished this book I liked it whole lot even with the (view spoiler)I loved the story and the characters very much. I really want that sequel this just feels so incomplete like there is something missing.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84079 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting February 5th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments This isn't showing up on the calendar view of the planned BR thread so I almost forgot about it!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I might get to start it tonight once I finish up some stuff.. If not it will be tomorrow morning.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Tiera wrote: "I might get to start it tonight once I finish up some stuff.. If not it will be tomorrow morning."

Okay :) I'm just starting it now.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapter 1

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 2, 3, & 4

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 5, 6, & 7

(view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Even the Darkest Stars (Even the Darkest Stars, #1) by Heather Fawcett
1st sentence: Well I'm already hooked lol.
18% (view spoiler)
32% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Even the Darkest Stars (Even the Darkest Stars, #1) by Heather Fawcett
40% (view spoiler)
51% (view spoiler)
86% (view spoiler)
Finished: This was an awesome read! I felt that the characters were well rounded and the story was captivating. If I had to complain about anything I would say the plot moved a little slowly.. maybe? Honestly not even that, maybe more that it lacked action in some parts that made it seem to move more slowly.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 8, 9, & 10

(view spoiler)

Chapters 11, 12, & 13

(view spoiler)

Chapters 14, 15, & 16

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 17, 18, & 19

(view spoiler)

Chapters 20, 21, & 22

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 23- Finish

(view spoiler)