Christian Cyberpunk Books discussion

A Star Curiously Singing (DarkTrench Saga #1)
This topic is about A Star Curiously Singing
Suggest a Book (Give Details) > My favorite Christian cyberpunk

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 2 comments I just couldn't join a group like this without singing the praises of my favorite Christian cyberpunk... A Star Curiously Singing.

On the face of it, it doesn't look like a Christian book, but that's the beauty of it to me. It's not in your face, it's a lot more subtle with its Christian messages.

The setting is a future Earth (of course) which has been mostly taken over by Islam. Our hero, who tells the story in first-person, is a "debugger," a person with a cybernetic implant who's charged with fixing broken things. The technology is mostly based around "nanos," and is also highly automated, with humanoid robots common.

The title is what first caught my eye, but the story really intrigued me, even though there is a slower section towards the middle of the book. I was obviously still interested enough to keep reading it!

message 2: by Den (new) - added it

Den Warren | 44 comments Mod
Added it to our bookshelf. I see there is a curriculum guidebook for it also. Have you checked that out?

That is interesting because I just posted Guidebook to The Lucid Series: Android Uprising on Smashwords.

David Fernau (DavidFernau) | 2 comments Ooh, no, I didn't see that one. Might have to check it out and share with my church's youth pastor.